Part 5

Katniss pov

We woke up and began to walk home. The fence, thankfully,
Was no longer electrified. We climbed under it and walked home.
As we walked in the door, my mother and hazel were at the kitchen. "Oh hi dears we were worried about you" hazel said to us. "The fence turned on and we got stuck. But we got some turkeys" I replied. "Oh you must have froze you poor things!!!" My mother said. "No. We were ok" Gale said. I smiled a tiny bit. "Well, we have to go to the store. Care to join us?" Said hazel. "Sure" Gale and I said in unison.

As we were walking back from the store, I herd it. A distant screaming. It was coming closer. What was the person screaming. As the sound got closer and closer, I realized it was screaming my name. It was.... No it couldn't be. It was rue. The screaming filled my ears as force fields be an to form around me. Gale gripped my hand as I watched the force fields come around us and our mothers. "What.... What's happening"
Then her face lit up the force field around us. Rue. Her dead eyes boring into me. I fell to the floor. Then a video clip played over the screen. Over and over. It was if rue being speared. I numbly felt gales arms around me telling me it wasn't real. But it was real. It was.