Beautiful Mess

Unedited. Sorry.

****

More often than not, I still cling into the probability that well-mannered gentlemen still exist in the pool of ill-behaved jerk holes nowadays. Chivalry may be considered as a moral that ceased to exist the day Adolf Hitler died, but Dylan has lived to defy this theory. Him and the smiling 40 year old smarty pants in front of me, Mr. Payne.

I peeked cautiously at the person to blame my misfortune with, Willy. He smirked at me, evidently entertained by current distressed state I'm in. Only a blind man can't see the resentment I have for him at the moment. At the back of my mind, I'm slowly skinning him using the knife intended for the steak. Poor Willy, he won't even have a bit of idea that if he won't remove that smug look in his face right now, there's a huge possibility that he would end up decapitated tonight.

I retreated back to the situation at hand, plopping myself further down on my seat. My hands found it's way to smoothen the creases of my shirt, and even though I'm totally covered, I've never felt this naked before. Who wouldn't? I feel so exposed in my tatty old Chuck Taylor, my yoga pants and Jessie J shirt. Looking at the people around me dressed in absolute extravagance, I mentally face palmed myself for not listening to Willy in the first place. Well, I had to give it to him for dragging me into his car while I was busy watching American Hustle, in my home-y glory.

I feel a lot like a fish thrown in Jupiter.

"Dear, is something wrong with your food?" My eyes darted quickly at the beautiful woman behind me, her fair and smooth skin fully in contact with mine made me feel inferior and insecure. She looked like she's just Willy's older sister, her face concealing the fact that she already lost her youth, but still looks young at her expense.

I timidly withdraw my hand from her grasp, embarrassment instantly stirs in my gut. "No, the food's great maam." I said, my blood rising to my cheeks under her warm gaze." I am so sorry for coming here with such short notice. That, and for the injuries I've caused your son with. And for doing it twice."

I crossed my fingers, hoping that I would still live to see Adriana tomorrow.

"Actually, I would have given you a grand if you've done it thrice."

My eyes darted quickly at the man dressed in the Armani Suit, his hands playing his tie. He was trying his best to contain his laughter, the odd chuckle still lingering on his lips. And I swear my eyes couldn't get much bigger, a wide grin slowly tugging in my mouth. I shifted my gaze at Willy, whose now busy shooting daggers at me and scowling at his own dad.

Now, I just found myself an ally.

"Stop it dad." He groaned loudly, pausing to look at me to asses the damage his father's joke has done."Lay off will you?!" He murmured before rolling his eyes at me, a fatigue sigh escaping from him.