Change

A/N: Hello my lovelies! Mitchy is off at college, making new friends. Well..."friends". You'll see what I mean. AGAIN, I know nothing about college, so I'm basically winging it. Enjoy!

Chapter 4

I pinned up my last poster before looking at my half of the room. I was proud of it. It almost felt like I was at home.

Too bad I wasn't.

I reached in my suitcase and grabbed Scott Bear before setting him on my pillow. I felt sad just looking at it, but tried to be happy. I was at Stanford.

I nearly forgot something. I grabbed my phone and pulled the case off, revealing a small piece of paper. I felt my heart swell as I reread Braden's note, before I pinned it next to a picture of me and Scott. I smiled proudly again before sighing.

I turned around at the sound of muffled music. It was my roommate. I'd seen his name when I got my dorm room, but I couldn't remember it. He was wearing headphones and his music was much too loud.

I cleared my throat and watched him awkwardly as he tossed his bags onto the bed. He looked kind of threatening to say the least.

"Having your music too loud could cause hearing problems," I informed him loudly, hoping he heard me.

He stopped what he was doing and pulled out one of his headphones, "Excuse me?" He inquired.

I swallowed nervously, "Having your music too loud could cause hearing problems," I murmured softly.

"Cool. Now leave me alone," he replied before putting his headphone back in.

Great, he seemed like a burning ball of sunshine.

I continued to stand there. If I had to spend the school year with him, we needed to be cordial.

"I like your tattoo," I blurted out, admiring the yin and yang symbol on his bicep.

He sighed and turned off his music, "Why do I feel like you're talkative?" He inquired as he sat on his bed and set his phone down.

"Well, if we're gonna be roommates I think it's important that we don't hate each other. Because if we hated each other, then this year will be painful for both of us," I explained.

"You're weird," he informed me.

I stared at him for another moment before holding out my hand for a handshake, "I'm Mitch," I told him.

He chuckled and ran his fingers through his shoulder-length, sandy brown hair, "Wes," he replied before laying down and putting his headphones back in.

I awkwardly dropped my hand before nodding, "Good talk," I muttered before fishing my phone out of my pocket. I sat on the bed before calling Scott.

"Hey, you made it," Scott answered excitedly.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Well, how's the dorm? Is your roommate nice?" He inquired.

"The dorm is fine, I put up my posters and stuff. And Wes...well he's not mean," I stated softly, hoping Wes couldn't hear me.

"What does that mean?" Scott questioned.

"He doesn't seem very talkative and he said I was weird," I explained, looking away so Wes couldn't read my lips either.

"He'll warm up to you. But he better not warm up too much," Scott threatened jokingly.

I smiled, "No need to worry about that," I assured him. "When's your first day at USC?" I inquired.