Promise

A/N: Hello there my lovelies! 50 comments in less than 24 hours, you guys are crazy and hilarious. I love reading your guys' comments omfg. As for your suggestions, I wrote them all down, along with a couple of my ideas. You guys seem very committed to bad things happening. I mean, I like writing that kind of stuff, so it's fine, but...y'all are fucking masochists. I have some ideas swirling around in my head, but i'm not quite sure what i'm gonna go with. Enjoy!

Chapter 8

 "Good timing, I have a class," Wes stated with a grin before grabbing his phone and heading to leave. He stopped next to me, "Screw on my side of the room and I kill you," he threatened before walking past me.

As soon as he was gone, I looked towards Scott as he stood up.

I wanted to run and jump into his arms, but I wasn't sure if that was appropriate in this situation.

He strode forward before pulling me into his embrace. It felt so familiar, and I nearly cried from missing it so much. We stood there for a while, not saying anything.

It felt like forever until he pulled away, and I suddenly felt cold. He sat on the bed, cross-legged before patting the area in front of him.

I crawled onto the bed and sat across from him.

"I want you to be honest with me...ok?" He started, and I nodded. He took a deep breath and scratched the back of his head nervously, "How do you feel...about Noah?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, but tried to formulate my response. "Well, he's nice, and he's really smart. I like talking about literature with him," I explained.

Scott nodded, "Are you..." he pressed his lips together and let out a shaky breath, "Are you attracted to him?"

I shook my head. "No. We talk about literature and intellect, but that's it. It's a pretty flat relationship," I assured him.

"Then why did you almost kiss him?" Scott blurted out sadly.

I groaned, "I don't know. Pity? He looked really sad and he likes me. It was stupid. I'm not attracted to him, I swear. My loyalty lies with you, no more slip ups," I promised.

A small smile formed on his face before he reached for the small bag on my pillow that I didn't even notice when I came in.

"I got something the day after you left. I was gonna wait until your birthday, but this spontaneous trip up here seemed like a pretty good opportunity," he explained before pulling out a long, flat box from the bag.

I could feel my heart pounding in anticipation as he opened the box as he showed me what was inside. I covered my mouth in awe as I stared.

In the box was two matching necklaces. The pendant on each of them was a silver ring with a beautiful design engraved around it. One ring was slightly bigger than the other.

"I prefer necklaces over rings. But I liked the idea of a promise ring...so I compromised," he explained sheepishly.

"Scott..." I cooed, before staring up at him in awe.

"Too much?" he inquired nervously.

"I love it," I declared before lifting the one with the smaller ring and looking at it closer.

"Good," he stated before grabbing his and setting the box down.

I reached out and grabbed his before putting it on him. He turned back around and grabbed my necklace. I turned around, smiling as he put the necklace on me.

I felt my heart attempt to pound out of my chest when I felt his lips against the back of my neck. His arms slid around me before he pulled me into his lap and rested his chin on my shoulder.