Falter

A/N: Hello there my lovelies! Prepare your tissues...ok maybe not that much but it's definitely on the sad side. We might be getting away from sadness after this though, so as long as you survive this, we'll get right back to cringing at everything :) Enjoy!

Chapter 7

I ignored Scott for 6 days. 

I immersed myself in hanging out with Noah and the others and studying. I don't know why I was so upset.

I can't believe he thought I would cheat on him. He was supposed to trust me. I would never accuse him of something like that, because I knew he wouldn't hurt me like that.

Along with that, I didn't want to tell him about what happened at the party. I felt weak and stupid. Things like that were always happening to me, and I hated it.

I didn't want to be babied. I wanted to be able to take care of myself.

Again, I wasn't very good at handling issues like this, and that's why I hadn't spoken to Scott in 6 days.

By the sixth day, however, I felt nauseous and distant.

Mom and Dad both called me asking what was going on, and I told them it was nothing. They didn't believe me, but I didn't want them babying me either.

I was being ridiculous, I know, but my pride was taking over.

I was sitting in the library, talking with my friends.

"You seem off, is everything alright?" Noah inquired, and the others all stared at me, waiting for a response.

"Just...boyfriend drama," I muttered as I shook my head, "He thought I cheated on him. He doesn't trust me," I added softly.

"Why would he think something like that? What happened?" Melina inquired worriedly.

I shook my head, "I went to a stupid party and got hazed. Scott jumped to conclusions," I replied.

"Well, were there any other reasonable explanations he could've come up with?" Annie inquired.

I pondered it for a moment, "I don't know, but why would he jump to that conclusion? He should've considered other explanations," I retorted.

"He's right. Without trust, a relationship is pointless," Noah agreed.

"Maybe he was scared. If you wouldn't tell him about it, it's hard not to jump to that conclusion. I saw the way your eyes lit up when you told us about him...don't lose him over something stupid like this," Kevin advised.

I sighed in defeat. He was right.

"But trust is very important in a relationship. If he doesn't trust you then what's the point?" Noah inquired, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Kevin's right. It was just a misunderstanding. When I get scared I think irrationally as well," I pointed out with a shrug.

"You should go call him," Jacob suggested eagerly.

"I will. It's kinda late anyway. I'll see you guys tomorrow," I stated as I stood up.

"I should head out too. Want me to walk you to your dorm?" Noah offered as he stood up as well.

"Sure," I replied happily before we walked out of the library together.

"If you don't mind; I had some difficulty with the French homework...would you mind coming up to my dorm and assisting me? It'll only take a minute," Noah inquired awkwardly as we walked.

I understood the French homework rather well, "I'd love to," I replied.

"Thank you so much," he stated kindly as we headed up to his dorm.