Kisses and Lies

Conner

All day, I've kept my eyes on Kaiden. I don't want to let him out of my sight, because I'm afraid that if I do he's going to expose us to Alexia, if he hasn't already. We made eye contact a couple times, and I wanted to let him know that I was on to him, so I didn't look away. He gave me a weird look and then turned back to whatever he was doing away the time.

The good thing was that he never asked me why I was watching him. He seemed to just shrug it off like he didn't really care, which just made me think, maybe he knows that I know what he's planning?But now I'm thinking that he can't know, because he was in the shower that day I went into his room to check his phone.

Now I'm standing outside Alexia's window, throwing pebbles. It's actually a really fun thing to do. I stopping throwing, when her footsteps echoed in my ears. Suddenly the window shot open, and there she was in her purple night dress. She smiled, seemingly happy, but I could smell her confusion and curiosity.

I pretended not to know that she wasn't really happy, or excited. "Hey", I smiled, but her expression didn't change. I jumped through the window, and sat on her bed.

"Hi -" she started, then bit her lip as if she wanted to say something but wasn't sure. Then she opened her mouth and her words came out in a rush, "Conner do you have something you want to tell me?"

"Um, let me think about it...", I laughed a little, but I noticed that she was serious, so I said "why do you ask?"

"Your brother came to see me the other day and I wasn't sure if he was just messing with me or if it was real but ---", she trailed off as if she didn't know what to say next.

I looked at her, nervous about whatever she was going to say next. It's at times like this, that I wish I could read minds. "But -", I said, motioning for her to continue.

"But he basically hinted that you and him were vampires", she said, closing her eyes. I laughed, trying to make it look like it was just a joke.

"Alexia, Kaiden's a jokester. He does that to people all the time, I told him to stop doing that because people take him seriously. Vampires aren't real", I lied.

She squinted her eyes at me and said, "then how do you explain the super-speed".

"I don't know, he's the one that went to magic school he was 10. I was never really interested in that stuff", another lie.

She stared at me as if she didn't believe me, but then she seemed to loosen up, and she was over it. So she started laughing, "oh my god", she said in between laughs, "I'm so stupid". She slapped her hand against her head, "I'm sorry for accusing you of being a vampire".

I laughed along with her, "it's ok, that happens to me all the time", the lies just keep coming. When will they ever stop? I can't just keep lying to her like this, can I? She smiled brightly and I pulled her in for a hug, but before I could wrap my arms around her, she pulled me up and kissed me.

I was to focused on how much I was enjoying this, to notice how hungry I really was. I didn't pull away, I couldn't. My lips moved up against hers, as I lay her back onto her bed. We made out until she had to take a breath, she put a hand against my chest and pushed lightly. I made sure I was gentle with her. I rolled over, panting even though I wasn't really tired.

She breathed heavily and sat up, looking at me. After she was able to breathe again, she asked "Conner, do you really like me?".

I gazed into her eyes, "No, Allie". I heard her heart stop, "I think I'm falling for you". This time, I was telling the truth.

Her heart suddenly did a jumpstart, she took a breath of relief before she said "God, Conner. Don't do that to me!"

We laughed for a while. I stood up from the bed, but before I could make it to the window, Alexia said something that made me want turn around and walk right back over to her. "Conner" she said, I turned on my heel. "Am I still your cupcake?"

I grinned, motioning for her to come to me. When she was in front of me, I held her tiny hands in mine, "you'll always be my little cupcake" and with that, I gathers her up into my arms and kissed her.