Echo

[ edited ]

Listen, listen.

I would take a whisper if,

that's all you had to give.

But it isn't, it isn't,

you could try to chase the crazy right out of my head.

I put my hair in a tight ponytail, looking straight into my mirror. My mind was concentrated on one thing; Klaus. I can't believe I let him sneak up on me, make me feel like I have to protect him. Protect his family.

I don't wanna be down,

I just wanna feel alive and,

see your face again.

My friends, Bonnie, Elena, Stefan, Alaric, Matt and even Damon, they expected me to go along with the plan, to kill the Originals. To kill Klaus. Could I do it? Could I actually betray my friends like that?

       No. Of course I couldn't. I wouldn't.

+

''Caroline!'' I hear a voice yell behind me. Of course it was Damon. Wasn't it always?

     ''What do you want, Damon?'' I ask in annoyance. My head snaps to his direction.

    He smirks, obviously enjoying my reaction. ''Now, now, Blondie,'' he laughs, ''I just wanted to tell you that Elijah spoke to me this morning, he said he wants to speak with you.''

     I shrug lazily. "And?" Then I raise an eyebrow. "Since when do you talk to Elijah?"

      "Since I decided to become an Original groupie," Damon joked carelessly. He threw me a wink, then became serious. "Look, I don't care if you talk to him or not, but he sounded desperate-" he laughed, "so, you know."

    I shrug again. "Okay, whatever. " I send him a glare. "Now, rush off to Elena, and get out of my house."

  He considers my words, but pauses as he leaves. "Caroline," he begins carefully, his voice hard. "I know what you think of me. And I know that me being with Elena doesn't really seem like a good idea to you, but I'm not gonna hurt her. So back off a little bit."

     My eyes narrow. "Goodbye Damon."

  He growls silently. "Bye." Then he's gone."

Elijah,

   Damon talked to me about how you wanted to talk to me, so we'll talk. Come over later; you have exactly twenty minutes to explain everything you need to.

   - Caroline.