Chapter 2: Not many friends

Marius' POV

I was about to reach the front door of my house when suddenly my sister Joanne burst out of it and started running away without noticing me. I stared at her with a confused look on my face before yelling her name.

"Hey, Joanne!!" She stopped and turned to look at me. Her fists were clenched in anger and there were tears pouring down her cheeks. I could tell something was wrong from the moment I saw her running. "Hey, what's wrong, sis?" I said approaching her. She kept silent for a moment and then she grabbed something from her pocket and showed it to me.

It was the rosette my mother made to her before she died but now it was broken in pieces. I knew how important this rosette was for Joanne and then I understood why she was like that. "He broke it. Father broke it, Marius! It has been enough, I can't stand that anymore"

And with that she turned again and ran away. "Wait, Joanne! Where are you going?" "I don't know!" She said stopping again. " I just need some fresh air and being alone. I'll come back tonight, Marius. I promise." She said and faded away.

Joanne's POV

I felt a bit bad for leaving my brother there speechless but I needed some time alone to clear my mind.

I knew he cared about me. Actually, I think he was the only one who really cared. He was my brother but he was also my best friend since my father didn't allow me to make any if they weren't rich. I only had a single friend in the city. His name was Gavroche. He was a poor kid I visited everytime I could go to the streets. I used to describe him with one single word: fighter.

Before I knew it I was standing in the middle of a park trying to catch my breath. I sat down in a bench and started wiping my eyes and calming me down. "Stay strong, Joanne. You have to be strong" I said quietly to myself.

I raised my head to look at the people in the park. There were a few beggars in a corner and a sweet couple holding hands in a bench. I kept looking at the people and then is when I saw a group of students around my age looking in my direction. I turned around trying to see what they were looking at but I saw nothing. So I turned back to them only to realize that they were actually staring at me.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Well, double chapter today!

I felt inspired so... yay!

Hope you enjoyed it guys!!

Olga xx