Chapter 2

Chapter 2

It was the day we were suppose to be moving, I had just gotten up from bed and headed to the bathroom. Once I finished doing the certain essential things I had to do in the bathroom I headed downstairs.

I heard noises from the kitchen and guessed it was my mom trying to make breakfast and pack any last minute things. It was so weird I had been living in this house my whole life yet I never really appreciated what I had, I guess you never really miss anything until it's taken away from you.

I was so deep into my thoughts that I hadn't notice my mom had been calling for me, actually yelling. "OLIVIA, ARE YOU EVEN PAYING ATTENTION TO ME!!"

"Ya I'm sorry mom, I'm just a little tired I was up late finishing last minute packing."

"Sweetie, that's why I told you to start packing earlier."

"Mom, what teenager actually packs in advance?"

"Well I did"

"I rest my case"

"Sometimes I wish you weren't like your dad"

"Me too mom. Me too."

After my conversation with mom, I decided that since it was my last day at my house I would make something somewhat healthy, and fulling.

I ended up making a vegetable omelet with hash browns, chicken strips, and a piece of toast with margarine on the side.

After I finished, I washed my dishes and made sure everything was put back away to its original place, before my mom started yelling at me that we didn't take the dishes from the house.

I went back upstairs to my room, which was now bare, it felt empty. all my posters and pictures were off my walls make it look like no one ever lived there. Plus since my makeup vanity, all my furniture, and books were now all packed and gone because the movers had come in and taken everything from room when I was eating breakfast, it made it seem like it was finally real.

The place where I grew up, where I had my best laughs and cries, where I had my first kiss ( that's a topic that we won't discus), and where I had those special moments with my ex-best friends, even though we aren't friends anymore they were still important. It was now going to be someone else's house, they would share some of the same experiences that I had, it would be there home.

I went to go look for my mom and see if she needed any help. I walked in to my parents room to see my mom hunched over to what looked like an old family album.

"Mom are you okay?"

She wiped away some tears, "Ya sweetie in fine, just getting a little to emotional looking at old photos"

Since my mom thought the move was going to be a fresh start for us, we should just leave our furniture here. I had to beg my mom to let me take my furniture since it was so comfy and really expensive. So that's why she still had a bed and was siting on it and crying.

I went to go sit on the bed, "Mom are you sure you're really okay?"

"Ya, I'm just getting emotional because I realize that my baby is going to be a senior this year. Your going to graduate this year, and soon you'll be off to university at Harvard."

"Mom, I haven't been accepted yet."

"I know, but I believe in you. I know you'll get in, your the smartest person I know. You'll be fine."

"Thanks mom, I love you."

" Sweetie I love you too! Now get your butt moving, put your suitcase in the car that has your stuff for the next couple of days since the movers won't reach there until 2-3 days."

"I'm going mom, chill out"

"Olivia, don't tell me to chill out. If you want I get to the airport on time you have to finish getting ready and get your butt and stuff in the car."

" Fine mom, I'm going. you should pack the album before you start crying again." I said while walking out of her room.

I went to room to finish getting ready, since we were going to New York by plane I decide to wear something comfortable, yet cute. I had picked out my clothes the previous day, a cute floral tank top with a denim jacket that had a hood and for my bottoms I decided to wear my shiny leggings from PINK.

I finished putting my clothes on, doing my hair, and my necessities I grabbed my suitcase and backpack and headed out of my room. I decided not to wear makeup since I would be I the plane for a while.

" Do you need any help?" I asked my mom when I was downstairs.

"No, I got it. The only thing I want you to do is to put your stuff in the car so we can leave, I already put everything away."

"Okay mom"

After I finished putting my suitcase I went to go sit in the car and waited for my mom to come out. She came out a while later.

I couldn't believe it this was it, even though I hadn't had many good memories, his place was still home. it would always be my home.

Author's Note

I know I haven't really updated this book , but life has been stressful at the moment . I know that's not an excuse, but i will try my best.

Love, Emaan