Chapter One:

~Phoenix's P.O.V~

"Come on, get your shoes on then we can all go to the park!" I exclaim to my three younger siblings. They all scream with joy and run to the door to put their shoes on.  I chuckle and grab my drawing book.

After walking out the door I lock it behind me and we all start to walk to the park. It's currently summer break and my mom's at work so I'm watching my younger siblings. When we get there they all go and run into the playground.

I sit down on a near by bench and start drawing. A little while later a man comes with a young girl who looks to be about 5 or 6. She runs into the park and he comes over to me, "mind if I sit?" He asks, motioning to the bench.

"Yeah, sure" I say and move over slightly to let him sit. He nods his head to say thank you and sits down beside me. I look over the man, he's wearing dark jeans, a black t-shirt that says "Misfits" in green writing -well he has good taste in music-, a pair of black vans and a black Kings hat.

He has tattoos on his arms and spacers in his ears. He's tall, around 6 foot. He has this face that is so, hot and his voice is so sexy. His muscles are big, in his arms, chest and legs, you can tell that he goes to the gym.

"Hey, that's really good." The man says as he looks at my drawing.
"Thanks" I say as I tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"No problem, I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true." He says with a smile.

Just then he young girl he brought to the park runs to him and asks him for a drink. He hands her a water bottle and she takes a sip of it, then hands it back to him and runs back onto the playground excitedly. 

"Is she yours?" I ask him.

"No, she's my niece, my sisters daughter." He replies back.

"So, you're the fun uncle then" I say.
"You could say that" he chuckles.

"I'm Jorel" he says as he extends his hand.

"I'm Phoenix" I reply as I shake his hand.

"One, that's a badass name and two, it fits your hair perfectly" he acknowledges with a cute smile.

"Thanks" I reply with a smile on my face.

We sit and talk for a couple hours as the four kids play in park together. I look at my watch and see that it's close to six o'clock.

"Well, my mom's going to be home soon, I better get the kids home." I say as I gather my things.

"Do you want to hang out again, bring the kids to the park, some time tomorrow?" He asks me.

"Yeah, I'd like that." I smile.

"Do you want to maybe take the kids out for dinner or something tomorrow? I have Ava all week, so I'm responsible for her meals?" He suggests to me with a smile.

"Yeah, sure, my mom won't be home until late tomorrow. She works a double shift on Tuesday's so I have them for dinner too." I simply state back. We set up a time to meet then I gather the kids and we all go back.

When we get back my mom's already back home. "Hey mom" I greet as I walk into the kitchen.

"Hey honey" she replies back, stirring something on the stove.

"How was your day?" I ask as I start to set the table.

"It was good, busy, but it was good." She replies back. "Were you at the park?" She asks.
"Yeah, we were there for a couple of hours." I remark.

"Wow, you let them keep you there for that long? You must have been bored." She jokes as she puts the food on the table. I call the others and tell them to wash up for dinner.

"No, actually I wasn't all that bored..." I admit, "there was this guy who brought his niece to the park and we talked for like the whole time." I continue as I sit down.

"Oh really, and what's this guys' name?" She asks back curiously.

"Jorel" I answered. "Actually, we were going to meet at the park tomorrow, so the kids can go play and him and I can hang out some more, then we were going to take the kids out to dinner." I reveal to her as I help her dish out the food for the younger ones.

"Okay, that sounds like fun! Just be careful." She warns as she sits down and starts to dish her own food.

"I know, but I talked to him today and he seems like a really good guy." I explain as I take a bite of my food. We sit and eat dinner and chat a little bit. After dinner she goes to get the kids showered as I clean the kitchen up.

After cleaning the kitchen I pour her a glass of wine and set it on the counter. I go upstairs to where she is getting Aiden (my fiver year old brother) dressed. "Mom, how about you finish getting Aiden to bed, I'll get Isabella and Kayla washed up and in bed and you can go downstairs and relax. There's a glass of wine for you on the counter." I suggest to her.

"Alright, thanks sweety." She says and get's Aiden into bed. I smile and go into the bathroom where Kayla -who is eleven- is watching Isabella -who is six- in the tub.

"Kayla, you go get ready for a shower and I'll finish washing Isabella, okay?" I say to her,

"Okay" she replies back and goes off into her room.

I finish washing Isabella then pick her up and wrap a towel around her. I sit her on the toilet and drain the tub then carry her into her room. I put Isabella in her pajamas then brush her hair. After brushing her hair I read her a book and she falls asleep. I tuck her in and kiss her head then shut her light off and close her door, leaving it open slightly and walk out.

I go to Kayla's door and lightly knock on it, "come in" I faintly hear from the other side. I open the door to see Kayla setting up her bed. 

"Hey" I say and lean up against the door frame.

"Hi" she jokingly replies back.

"So, tomorrow, we're going to go the park tomorrow then go get some dinner" I announce as I walk in and she climbs into bed.

"Okay," she smiles.

"You remember the little girl from the park yesterday?" I ask her.

"You mean Ava?" She replies back.

"Yes, her and her uncle are going to be there and are going to come to dinner with us." I answer her.

"Yay" she exclaims excitedly, to which I chuckle to.

"Alright, you get some sleep" I say as I stand up and go over to her light switch. "I love you" I say and turn off the light.

"I love you too" she replies. I close the door and go downstairs to where my mom is.

"Hey mom, I'm gonna go to bed" I state.

"Okay, goodnight hun" she says.

"Goodnight" I reply and kiss her cheek.

I go up to my room and go into the bathroom that's attached to my room. I get a warm shower then get out and get into my pajamas. I lay down and fall asleep quickly, excited for tomorrow.