25. Research & Feelings

Listen to: Can't Feel My Face by The Weekend

[ok, so the guy in the gif isn't Dylan O'BRIEN, but just pretend because that's Barbara Palvin I had to] 

"I guess we should get this started," Sam huffed, putting her hands on her hips as she over viewed all of the piles of paper in the basement.

"Well, I'm going to be in front of the door on the look out, call me if you need me," Malia had said to break the silence. The two nodded in response as she made her way to the door.

Malia had told them there was another way to the closed unit, where they keep the "real" psychos. Which didn't make Stiles and Sam much better.

Stiles huffed in response, plopping down on the near by couch.

"Why us," she thought out loud. She never expected to say that out loud, but she noticed she did when she felt Stiles stare the moment to say down next to him on the couch.

Stiles didn't know how to answer that question. He couldn't even know what the next step was or if any of this was even a good plan, or a plan that would work to save them anyway. He had already been through so much, and this even topped the werewolf thing.

"I- I don't know," he managed to answer honestly.

"I don't even know if we should be down here, or what the hell were doing." He answered after minutes staring at the piles of paper they went through.

"Electroshock, ice baths. Trepanation?" She said in disgust, flipping through the papers and books.

"That's what Oliver was talking about. Trepanation is when they drill into your head," he explained, remembering the conversation with Oliver.

"No wonder they don't want anyone down here," she murmured, throwing the papers to the side. He continued looking, skipping through many books already knowing that this was a bad idea. Just as they both had expected.
None of their plans were working, they didn't know what the next step would be to this "game" the nogitsune was playing.

"There's nothing here. Could you do me a favor? Could you just check the lines on my back? Just tell me if they're fading," Stiles asked, turning his back to her so she could pull up his shirt.

The moment she touched his skin, she felt a weird sensation. It was both mixed with pain and hurt, but also something she could put her finger on. She took her hand back quickly, causing a worried glare from Stiles.

"Yeah, they're almost gone. You're hurting really bad-"

"I'm fine."

Those two words had only made Sam even more concerned than before because she uses that lie on a daily basis. She rolled her eyes, annoyed that he would lie to her when she knew for sure that he was in major pain.

"I've used that lie before, Stiles. I'm not stupid. I can help," Sam said in a stern voice, searching his eyes for any emotion. She almost didn't have to search his eyes. She could feel the pain and fear radiate off of his skin.

Which were the "perks" of her abilities.

"Why?" He whispered.

He began searching her eyes back, Sam hearing his heart flutter. She didn't answer that question. For one, she could feel Stiles get closer, and for two she felt feelings out of him she didn't expect.

She felt the distance between them shrink, feeling herself wanting to close that distance. Just like at the rave party.

Stiles quickly put his lips to hers, making Sam gasp and shocking her even though she saw it coming. For a second, she kept her eyes open, thinking too much on what she should do next. But she didn't have to.

She closed her eyes, getting comfortable as they were in perfect sync. She just felt chemistry. He rested his hand in her hair, so she decided to play with the little hairs on the back of his neck.

After a minute, they pulled away at the same time, stiles resting his forehead on hers. She still had her eyes closed, but stiles stared at her to see what she would say next.

"Well that was..." She began, filling the awkward silence. She kept her eyes closed, feeling him stare at her.

"Um... Yeah. Shouldn't have done that. Sorry I-"

"It's ok. I- liked it." She said, finally opening her eyes with a smirk. He smirked back, crashing his lips onto hers again. This time, she didn't hesitate to kiss back.

__________________
Stam Stam Stam Stam (also short chapter. Shocker? Not really.)

I'm writing this in a coffee shop so I feel really tumblr rn.

btw, if you're reading this, comment "I fell in a hole"

follow my YouTube channel for trailer updates and book edits!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYKNd_ruW-JXyIw7u3gxL_w