Chapter 1

It's just a normal day at school today. It's almost half of the day and it could not be anymore slower than this. I just want to cuddle up in my bed and listen to music. By the way, my name is Karla Camila Cabello, but I prefer to be called Camila or Mila because I feel like Karla is just gross. I'm 17 and I'm a senior . Yes I am young to be a senior but since I started school at three years old, I'm now one of the few youngest that will graduate before 18. I probably sound like a nerd right now with the information I told you about myself but I have fair share of social and educational life. I'm a teenager, of course I still go out. But I always make sure to keep my grades in good shape since having a good reputation is important to me.

I'm currently slacking on my history class, as usual. I'm a math and art person so history is not my thing, however, I'm still obligated to study and ace this class because I'm an honor student.

We're now having a free time and the teacher let us do whatever, the only thing he asked was to not make a noise.

I was doodling something on my paper when I felt someone tapping my shoulder. I looked up and avert myself towards my back to meet the most beautiful emerald eyes in the entire world. Her name is Lauren Michelle Jauregui. She's my best friend since we were four. However, as we get older, a special feeling was built that I couldn't even explain since I was not even sure about my sexuality. But I feel like I'm the only one who feels like this... Not her. That's the sad part. We became too comfortable with each other that I can't even read her enough to know that she likes me.

"Camz." I heard Lauren called me. She's the only person that calls me Camz because she told me she wanted her call name to be special and unique from others. After I zoned out I finally speak up.

"I'm sorry. I just don't like this class so much. But what is it?" I tried to explain. She just smiled at me that made my heart melt. Oh God.

"It's alright." She continued,"do you want to go off campus with the girls later?"

"I can't, today's the meeting for the tryouts." I sighed since I wanted to be with her but I couldn't.

"For the volleyball varsity?" She asked. I looked in front to check if the teacher was looking and I averted again to talk to Lauren when I saw he was busy doing something else.

"Mhmm." I saw her reaction changed and said,"What? I told you I'm gonna do that with you. Why didn't you tell me?" She exclaimed while checking if the teacher heard her. I frowned since I taught she wasn't serious about it. Before I even explain, it seemed like she read my mind. "I was not joking about that. I want to support you. We've known each other for too long and I probably know by now that after a week of training, you'll back out and not do it because I wasn't doing it with you and you're scared. So I already told you first so you'll do it." How the hell did she do that? She basically figured me out so fast. "But you know you don't have to do it. I know you'll be there for me but you don't have-" she did not let me finish." I insist. I love seeing you happy with what you're doing."

I smiled at her and just nodded because I know I can't change her mind anyways but I kind of liked how she wanted to do this for me. Here goes the butterflies in my stomach again. I shook my head and went back to doodling. Just thinking about the conversation, I can't help but smile like an idiot.

---

It's finally lunch and since Lauren and I were in the same class, we started walking to the gym for the meeting. On our way, we met with the girls, Normani and Dinah, and told them we couldn't be with them during lunch because of the meeting. They both agreed and we continued our walking.

Normani and Dinah is one of our closest friends as well. We went to same elementary school and we decided to keep in touch so here we are now. However, I am more close to Dinah than Normani since most of my classes before was with her. Same as Lauren with Normani. But as soon as we introduced both women to each other during our middle school days, they're legit attached to the hip, mostly because of their similar obsession for Beyoncé.