Chapter 2

She finally opened the door and revealed the person she has been avoiding....

Her Dad.

"Dad." I heard Lauren speak. I'm completely in shock to see the father of the girl beside me who looks like she saw a ghost right now.

"What do you want?" I heard Lauren speaking up again but this time the tone was harsh.

"Mija. Go home. I'm alone at the house." Mike stated. He's still drunk and I just heard Lauren hissed.

"I'll be inside. I dont-" I was cut off by the older girl.

"Stay." She whispered.

"Okay." I answered back.

"Go away." Lauren commanded but Mike didn't listen so the taller girl shouted "Go away Dad!! "

I was caught completely off guard when Lauren shouted that loud. It even made the three adults went for us.

"Lauren Michelle why are yo-" I heard Clara speak up but apparently got taken aback when she finally saw who's the person in front of us. Soon, my parents appeared at Clara's back and shocked is now finally visible on both of their faces.

I looked at both of the female Jauregui's and both of them are now frozen still.

"No offense man, but you should go now before I call the cops." My dad broke the silence.

"I want my family back." Mike said with slurred speech.

"Family?" Lauren finally spoke up. "Family?"she repeated but now with growing annoyance and anger. "You don't have a fucking family anymore. I have enough of this bullshit. I gave you all my respect. I let you pass from all this abusing but I can't take it anymore. I can't take how you just treat my mom like she's a fucking object. No more. We're taking all our belongings tomorrow. After that, we don't want to see your face ever again." Lauren looked at her mom searching for approval.

"Go Mike. I'm filing an annulment. Goodbye." Clara finally said.

"Bullshit! We are not through! I'm gonna get you!" Mike shouted that made me jumped a little. He surprisingly grabbed Lauren's wrist but immediately pull back.

My dad finally stepped up as he was left to be the only guy who could equally fight Mike.

"Please leave now Mike. " My dad said sternly.

Mike saw how serious my dad is so he scoffed and mumbled something we couldn't understand. He finally walked away.

I looked back at my mon who is comforting the now crying Clara. The green eyed girl beside me is now on the verge of crying. I know how she doesn't want to cry in front of anybody so I immediately excused the both of us and hurriedly brought her to my room and close it. Not in shock, Lauren broke down.

I went to sit beside her. Wrapped an arm around her shoulder and let her cry. Due to the overwhelming emotions, I couldn't help but be in tears as well.

We sat there for a couple of minutes but feels like hours until Lauren finally died down from tears. She raised her head only to hide her face but I stopped her. I grabbed both of her hands. Only to let go of one and wiped the tears from her face. My hand wondered back to hold her hand again and looked at her.