Chapter 8

So it's around 7 and Nick went home so he could get ready for our date. I walked upstairs to my room and started to get ready.

Of course I took a shower. Then once I got out I brushed through my hair and straightened it. Then I did a natural Smokey eye and I put on some mascara. Then I walked to my closet and put on a pair of black leggings and an oversized dark red sweater because it's only supposed to be 55*F outside tonight. I put some socks on and then slipped on my ugg boots because I figured that we would probably take off our shoes anyways.

To finish it all off I put on some warm vanilla sugar perfume. Then once I was done it was around 8:30 and I heard the doorbell ring. I came downstairs and answered the door, but it wasn't Nick.

The man had a familiar face and had a mean look in his eyes. I quickly tried to shut the door, but he barged in.

In that moment I realized who it was. My kidnapper.

I ran as fast as I could and tried to get to the back door.  I made my way to  back door.  There I grabbed my phone off of the counter. I looked out of the window. I could see the car, so I took a picture of it. I didn't know where he went. I was very quiet as I started to type Nick a single text. It said Nick come quick. Someone is in my house. I think

That's all I typed before I heard a noise.

I started to walk backwards. Each step I took I tried to be quiet. Then my back hit something hard. I turned around and let out a scream just before I dropped my phone and a cloth was held over my mouth making me pass out.

NICKS POV:

I pulled up to Lex's with a smile on my face, but the smile quickly faded when I saw her front door was open. The worst thought came to my mind. Her kidnappers came back. The police hadn't found them yet. No. That can't be it. Maybe she just accidentally left the front door open.

I practically jumped out of my car and ran up to her house. I walked inside.

"Lex?!" I yelled.

My heart sank when i got no answer.

"Alexis!" I yelled.

I ran upstairs to her room, but she wasn't there. I checked her whole entire house, but I could find her. I dialed 911.

"911 speaking. What's your emergency?" The illustrator spoke.

"Alexis Brinley is gone. I came over to pick her up for a date and her front door was open and I can't find her anywhere," I said quickly.

"Ok sir remain calm. We are sending police over now," the lady spoke.

"Okay thank you," I said.

"Would you like to stay on the phone until the police get there?" She asked.

"Yes please," I said.

As much as I wanted to be strong. I couldn't be. This couldn't be happening. Not again. I was scared. I was scared that I would never see her again. I never even got the chance to say that I love her. I love her so much that whenever I see her my body goes numb. I started to cry.

"Sir are you okay?" She asked.

"No I'm not okay. The girl that I love just got kidnapped for the second time. I lost her," I cried.

"Its okay the police will get her back," the lady said.

I rolled my eyes.

I called her parents on the home phone and told them what was going on. They said they would be there in an hour.

I heard the sirens and so I ended the call with 911 and ran outside.

"They are all going to investigate and I'm going to ask you some questions," one of the police men said to me.

I nodded barely able to speak.

"Ok, I'm Detective Patterson. Who are you to Alexis Brinley?" He asked.

"Im her boyfriend," I said.

We never established being boyfriend and girlfriend, but that's what I'm going to call her when people asked.

"Ok and did you see the van driving away?" He asked.

"No. I pulled up to the house because I was supposed to pick her up for a date and her front door was open and she wasn't inside," I said taking a deep breath.

"Sorry to interrupt," another cop said.

"Yes Detective White?" Detective Patterson said.

"Are you Nick?" Detective White asked.

"Yeah why?" I asked concerned.

"We found this phone by the back door. We believe Alexis dropped it. There was an unsent text message to Nick," Detective White told me.

Detective Patterson grabbed the phone and read the text out loud.

" Nick come quick. Someone is in my house. I think" he said.

"Keep reading it," I said.

"That's all it says. She must have been in the middle of typing this before they got her," Detective Patterson said.

They took a picture of the unsent text as evidence and then they went to her photos.

"Hmm. Her most recent picture is of a van and it looks like it was taken from her kitchen window," Detective P said.

I looked over at that window.

"What time would you say that you arrived here?" He asked.

"I dont know around 8:50," I told him.

"Huh, she is very smart," he chuckled.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"What I mean is that this photo was taken 20 minutes before you got here. I think Alexis took a photo of the van and purposefully left her phone behind knowing that these guys were going to take her," he said.

"You mean she left us like a clue?" I asked.

"That's exactly what I mean. Gentlemen! I think we found ourselves the kidnapper van," Detective P announced.