Battleground [9]

Danielle's POV

Today was BattleGround, and I was thrilled for the Diva's championship match. Nikki and I always worked great together in the ring, we had chemistry along with Brie. I had finished getting my hair and makeup by the WWE makeup team. I rested on a cart when a male from production came up and handed me the script for tonight.

"Ms. Lopez, Mr. and Mrs. Levesque wanted to see you in their office." He states, I offered him a smile and strode towards their office. Just as I reached to open the door Nicole walks out with a frown.

"What's up with your face?" I asked questioning her, and she points towards to Paul.

"They'll explain, I'm sorry, Danielle." She says patting me on the back giving me a side hug and strolling away.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked, closing the door and taking a seat in front of the desk. Paul was sitting down in a chair while Stephanie stood next to him with her arms crossed. She looked upset, 'did I do something wrong?' I thought to myself.

"Danielle, I know you were looking forward to your championship match with Nikki, but sadly there has been a shift of plans. Vince and I spoke, we came to the mutual agreement to bring some girls up from NXT. Sasha, Becky, and Charlotte are debuting tonight. It's going to be a fatal four way between them and Nikki, but no championship on the line." He says to me and I stare in disbelief.

I couldn't believe this, am I in a dream? Me, Danielle Lopez, the girl who busted her ass just as much as those three girls would get her match taken away?

I opened my mouth to argue. "Is this some joke? Seriously? I've been working my ass off for how long now? Now right when I get the chance it gets ripped away for some NXT girls?" I snapped.

"I understand you're upset but we're giving you a championship match at SummerSlam." He reasoned as if that would make me feel better.

"You've got to be kidding me. I don't even want to speak to you right now. I'm out of here." I declare, getting up to leave

"I'm sorry sweetie, I struggled to reason with them but they wouldn't bend. You'll get your chance, I promise." Stephanie said stroking my hair, drawing me into a hug and leading me out the door.

She shut the door and almost immediately she started shouting. I stayed outside the door eavesdropping; I knew I shouldn't have, but who cares at this point.

'Do you feel good asshole? She works just as hard as the NXT girls even harder sometimes and this is what you do to her. We welcome her into our family and this is how you treat her. I could see this coming from father, but you... I'm appalled. And I just wanted to let you know Paul that all those little girls who look up to her, our own little girls, would be ashamed if they knew you did this." She says.

I hurried and walked to catering. I was upset, but what more could I do? It was nice knowing that Stephanie defended me. I saw Nicole and Brie sitting down and I went over to them.

"Hey D, you okay?" Nicole asked opening her arms for a hug.

"I'm just disappointed, we worked so hard." I answer, hugging her back

"Aw don't worry, come SummerSlam we'll show them what they missed alright?" She looks at me and nodded.

I remained for a few more minutes reading the script with them. The plan was for me to get ambushed by some girls before I could walk out the ring, then the NXT girls would walk out. I said bye to twins and walked over to the locker room I shared with the boys.

A few tears slid down my face, but I quickly wiped them before walking into the room.

"You excited for tonight, baby girl?" Joe asked me and I shook my head, letting the tears fall. I couldn't control it anymore, I was so upset that this was the outcome. They scrambled up to me asking what was wrong.