Painful Memories [33]

Danielle's POV

In a matter of seconds my palm connects with Colby's cheek leaving a painful red hand print. I bounced forward, attempting to attack him, but Joe's powerful arms wrapped around my waist immediately held me back.

"You bitch!" I screamed trying to draw out of Joe's grasp and scratching my way towards Colby but every attempt was worthless.

"Get Elena out of here." Joe declared, twisting his head to the twins as they instantly rushed Elena back to her own room.

"Danielle, I'm so sorry." Colby apologized as if that was going to make the situation better.

"No fuck you! You know better than to bring that up. I did that for us, Colby. For three dreadful months I did that for us! I did it so you and I could get the hell out of Iowa and this is how you repay me? I didn't even want to become a stripper, but I did it for us so we could leave that life behind." I wept while still struggling to pry Joe's arms off me.

"I know and I'm -"

"I got pregnant Colby, don't you remember that?! Carson took advantage of me and got my twenty-year-old self pregnant. Don't you realize that I carry the regret of going through with that abortion every day? It hurts Colbs, it fucking hurts - we've been through a lot together, but that was something you would never understand." My voice broke as I proceeded to break down and let all my emotions go.

Colby shook his head guiltily as wiped his hand across his face, realizing he messed up. The both of us promised once we left Iowa that we would never speak about this, but it was now broke. The tears in my eyes made my vision to be cloudy, but I could see Jonathan standing there panic, not knowing what to do. I swung my head vigorously and eventually escaped Joe's grip to run into my room.

I hid under the sheets, preparing myself for the recollections that were making its way back to my mind. I sealed my eyes tightly and covered my ears rocking back and forth trying to combat the impulse to look back on everything but it was unsuccessful. The vivid and shameful memories replayed in my head as if it all happened yesterday.

2007 Des Moines, Iowa

Colby and I completed training for the day and he headed home while I headed a few doors down to the local strip club. I had applied and got the job a few weeks ago to help bring in more money for Colby and I. It was a complicated thing for me to do and utterly degrading, but I was willing to do anything to get the hell out of here. 

Colby was absolutely against the thought of me becoming a stripper, but I told him it was for the better. It would get us enough money in a short amount of time and I was determined to leave. I couldn't continue being in Iowa any longer, and I knew Colby felt the same. I felt guilty for letting Colby do all the work; he had two jobs and balanced it with wrestling, although he was working hard it wasn't bring in enough. We worked out a deal that I would work in the club for three months and thus quit even if I didn't make enough for us. The last thing he needed was for me to be to be objectified by the revolting men.

"Kate! There a young fellow waiting for you in the champagne room so once you're done getting ready, head in there." My older boss informed me as I stepped in.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion; I have never worked in the champagne rooms or even agreed to it. My job here was only dancing and picking up the cash, I never wanted intercourse with these disgusting men.

"I'm sorry, but I didn't agree to that. That's not my thing." I said respectfully, wishing he would understand.

He let out a sigh and placed his hand on my hips uncomfortably. "Listen, you do what you have to do, this is an industry, and you signed up for it. Now go on." He pushed me.