Tears Of Rain

'Wander? Where are you?!" Sylvia cried out. The storm was getting worse and she was getting worried about Wander. "Buddy? Come on! Answer me!" She walked into the clearing and saw Wander unconscious. "Wander! I foun--," Sylvia screamed when she saw the blood on the ground. 'WANDER!!!!!!" She ran over to him and hugged him tight. "Come on buddy don't quit on me!" She felt tears roll down her face. She saw his hat and reached inside for something to cover up the wound with. She yanked out a roll of bandages. Moving quickly she wrapped them around her unconscious friend.

She put her friend in his hat like how he slept and tied the hat to her back. Knowing there was a cave nearby, she made her way to it. She had to climb a steep cliff to get to it but it was worth it when she made it inside. The cave was warm and large inside. She untied the ropes holding Wander to her saddle and placed him by the fire she made. She sat next to him and cried.

Later that evening, Wander woke up. Sylvia was sitting by the cave while he got out of his hat. Sylvia heard a noise from inside and she turned around. When she saw Wander sitting by the fire and staring into it, she gasped and ran to hug him. "Wander!!!! You're okay! I can't believe it! You were laying on the ground unconscious and severely injured!" She was waiting for a response but none came. "Wander?" She waved her hand in front of his eyes. He silently looked back up at her and said not a word. "Hello?" She asked. Wander looked back at the fire. Sylvia noticed something about Wander in the brief moment of eye contact. He left his hat on the ground and his eyes had changed color. They were no longer green but, they were grey and lifeless. She felt tears stream down her face. "Wander, what happened to you?"