Chapter 8

Alyssa's POV

It's been a couple of weeks now and this morning I got a text from our best friend ever. Millie.

"Kateeee" I say.

"What?" She asks.

"Guess who texted me telling me we should catch up."

"The tickle monster?"

"Yes Millie the tickle monster."

"Oh my god. We so do. Tell her to meet us at Starbucks in two hours."

"She said yes!"

"Yay! I'm so excited! We need to get ready.

While we were getting ready we rocked out to some amazing music which wasn't Demi because Kate was being mean. I do believe we were listening to Hunter Hayes, man he was good

"Alyssa hurry up! You're eyeliner looks fine! Let's go!" Kate yells at me.

"Okay fine. YO BOYS! WE'RE GOING TO SEE MILLIE! DON'T BURN THE HOUSE DOWN PLEASE!" I yell at them. You never know. It might happen. It's best to warn them.

"I can't believe we are seeing Millie I really have missed her. P.s I'm driving." Kate said.

"I know me too but why can't I drive?" I ask

"Because I want to, now get in the car." She says I do as I am told.

She drives to Starbucks and we get there at exactly 10:59am. Kate locks the car and we walk inside. We see Millie instantly and she runs up to give each of us a massive hug.

"I missed you guys so much oh my god." Millie says.

"We missed you too." Kate and I say at the same time.

"So what have you b-" Kate begins.

"No. Wait. I'm hungry. Let's order first." I say.

Millie shakes her head and laughs. "Typical Alyssa."

Once we have ordered we at a table.

"Back to what I was saying." Kate says glaring at me. "How have you been."

"You'll never guess what happen." Millie says

"What happened???"

"JESY AND JAKE GOT ENGAGED OMG IT WAS THE CUTEST THING EVER." She says really really really excitedly.

"Omg they are such a cute couple." I say really happy for them.

Once our food arrived we ate and gossiped about everything and anything.

"Hey Millie want to come back to our house???" I ask.

"Yeah sure."

"I must warn you that there a four other guys at our house right now and they are complete weirdos just saying." Kate says.

"Um ok..."

"No seriously. They're mental." I say.

"Interesting..." Millie replies.

"Okay let's g-" Kate starts.

"No. I haven't finished my drink." I say.

"Take it with you gosh." Kate says

"No. That means I physically have to lift the cup up and carry it and put it in the little cup holder thingie." I complain.

"Fine get left behind." Kate says laughing getting up with Millie to leave.

"NO WAIT IM COMING! DON'T LEAVE ME WITH THESE PEOPLE!" I yell running after them. All I can hear is them laughing.

Kate's POV

Millie followed us home and once we arrived we walked into the house.

"GUYS WE BROUGHT A FRIEND HOME!" Alyssa yells and not soon after we hear footsteps running.

"HIII." They all say in unison.

"I know you guys. You're The Tide right???" Millie asks.

"Yep that's us." Drew says.

"And you are the one that can't sing." She says pointing to Nate. All I saw was Nate's face turn from a smile to a frown and he looked like he was going to cry.

He sprinted off upstairs.

"Really Millie you had to say that." I say turning around giving her an annoyed look. I ran upstairs to Nate's bedroom and found him lying on his bed crying.

"Nate?"

"What?"

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault. It just hurt me when she said it."

"I know. It has happened to me before but there's heaps of people in this world who love your voice and I can guarantee your voice has saved someone from taking their own life." I say lying down next to him.

"Why do you always know how to cheer someone up?"

"Because I'm amazing. Nah just kidding. To be honest I think it is because I have been through so many things. I have learnt to deal with them and I like to help people because I don't like to see them sad." I explain.

"Well thanks. " Nate says with a smile

"No worries. Are you going to stay here or come back down??"

"I think I'll stay here for a bit."

"Okay I will be downstairs if you need me."

Alyssa's POV

Kate had run after Nate.

"You don't say that to someone. I know for sure when we went to school together you hated it when someone told you that you couldn't sing so why would you say that to someone else?" I ask.

"I don't know. It kind of just spilt out." She says. The others boys had all left and Kate had come back downstairs.

"You know Millie. When Nate comes back downstairs, I expect you to apologize to him. And a good apology." Kate says sternly.

"I know. I will. I'm sorry." Millie says apologetically.

"Oh my god. I just had an idea." I say.

"Yes?" Kate asks.

"Would you like to record a cover with us?" I ask.

"Sure. What song?" Millie asks.

"Um. I don't know." I say.

"How about Little Me?" Kate asks.

"BY LITTLE MIX?" Millie asks excited.

"Nah. Little Me by The Beatles." Kate says sarcastically.

"But you don't ev- oh. You were being sarcastic." Millie realises.

"Okay. Let's go. Let's go record this damn cover that is going to slay everyone." I say.

"She's not my friend right?" Millie asks.

We walk to the music studio. "I still can't believe how lucky you guys are to have a studio in your own house." She says.

"Perks of having a famous brother." Kate says.

'But I have a famous sister and I don't have one." Millie complains.

"Yeah maybe you should look into that." I say. We all laugh.

"Okay who wants to sing what." Kate asks.

We eventually decide what we want to sing and we practise then record it. "This is so good guys." I say.

It's almost 5 o'clock and Millie had to go because she was going on tour tomorrow with Little Mix.

Kate and I were chilling in the lounge when the boys came in.

"Guys we need to tell you something." Austin says

"Yes." Kate says

Levi begins, "We are....................."