Chapter 1

"Hey wake up"

I felt arms wrap around me. I stirred to be face to face with the owner of the arms. I opened my eyes - Her. She was here. Next to me.

"Did you sleep good?"

She lowered her face to mine and pressed her lips against mine. She tastes that of honey and smelled of rain.

Who was she? Why was she now coming into my life? What did she want?

I opened my eyes when I felt her lips leave mine. She stared at me with those eyes.
Those eyes I've seen plenty of times before. On my bed. Behind me in the mirror. At the corner of the street. I've seen those gray eyes starring back me every single day for the past months.
Wrapped around my fingers was her light brown hair.
The same hair I've brushed many times in my dreams. The one I've seen turn the corner, when I looked back as I felt someone starring at me.
She's been around for some time now and every time I get close to have a conversation with her, to know who she is and what she wants, I either wake up or she disappears. Disappears in mid air.
What is she?
I looked back to her eyes, to see her mouthing something I couldn't quite make out. I struggled to understand her.

"What! What are you trying to tell me?"

I heard my alarm clock behind me go off and turned to turn it off. When I turned back to see what she was trying to tell me, she wasn't there. I wasn't on the same bed, in the same room.
She was gone. Once again.

Sighing, I got up to get ready for the day. I walked to the restroom and stood in front of the mirror.

"Having those dreams again aren't we, Mary?"

Turning the water on to brush my teeth, I heard the rattling of my shower curtain. I turned around and saw nothing. Grabbing the plunger I slowly opened the shower. Nothing.

"Can't I ever get a break!"

Turning back to the mirror I saw her. I saw her standing behind me. Starring at me with those same gray eyes that have been haunting me.
She mouthed something, they way she was just minutes ago. I walked closer to the sink, until my stomach touched the counter. I focused on her lips.

"What? Please just tell me something. I'm going crazy here."

I whispered, squinting on her lips.

"Mary"

I whipped back around to be face to face with air. She was gone, again. I turned back around and starred at the mirror trying to see her again.
Getting frustrated, I slammed my balled up fist onto the counter swaying back and forth.

Hissing I yelled to the mirror,

"Leave me alone! I don't know who or what you are, so stop! I can't take this anymore! It's gone on for far to long, just leave me alone!"
-
"Mary!"

Looking back I saw my best friend Macy running towards me.

Mary and Macy? Cool , huh.

"I called you this morning to see if you wanted to ride together, why didn't you answer?"

Looking down I said,

"I didn't hear my phone, probably was on vibrate."

"You never leave your phone on vibrate when you go to sleep Mary. What's going on?"

When I stayed quite, I felt her grip my arm and push me against a wall. She looked all around,

"You having those dreams again?"