chapter 21

wow its been a while... sorry about that *laughs nervously

well here i am with another chapter thats long overdue

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

*three days later*

I don't know what to do with myself anymore. Who do I want? Taylor? Jack?

At this point, I don't even know what I am doing. I never wanted to hurt either of the boys, but I did and I regret it.

I find myself making my way to Taylor's house. I don't know how I even got out of my house, much less get out of bed.

After a few minutes of aimless walking, I make it to Taylor's. He opens the door looking very surprised as I sidestep around him into his apartment.

I sit on the couch and he reclines back in his favorite armchair.

It's after a few moments of awkward silence that Taylor speaks up.

"So what brings you here?"

"Taylor, that kiss was a mistake."

He stands up abruptly and starts pacing while running his hands through his hair.

"For me it wasn't Sam. For me that was what I've been waiting for since that last convention."

[flashback to the magcon convention]

I heard Taylor crying from the hall, and I see the door is open. I slip into the room, closing the door silently. I see Taylor sitting on the edge of his bed, facing the window, covered in tissues, in a beanie, sweatpants, and his Magcon sweatshirt.

I silently walk around to him, putting my arm around his shoulders. "What's wrong Taylor?"

He looks up. He looked like he just got ran over by a bus. His hair is messy and knotty where the beanie doesn't cover, eyes are puffy and red as if he'd been crying for a while, and tears streaing stedily down his cheeks. I bring my hand up to wipe a tear from his face. I bring my hand down but he catches it with his free hand, and holds it.

My breath catches in my throat, and I ask again. "Taytay, what's wrong?"

"Everything. The girl I liked just got asked out by my bro, and I can't break the bro code." Here we go again with this bro code shit.

"Who is it? Maybe we can talk to her..."

"No, I can't. Because she is you."

I can't move. My eyes look up into his, and he puts his hand on my cheek. I still can't move, I'm shocked.

He looks down at my lips, seeing my unreactive expression. He leans closer, kissing me. I don't kiss back.

He sighs. "It was never me, was it?"

"Okay, Taylor. I will admit, when we were kids, yes, I had the biggest crush on you. But then as you got Vine famous dot dot dot, you began to talk to me less and less. I felt like I wasn't important in your life, and I knew I would never have a chance with you, so I moved on."

"I really fucked up, didn't I?" he said with a chuckle.

"Okay. I'll make you a deal. If we're both single when we turn 25, I'll give you another shot if not sooner."

His face lit up like a Christmas tree, Hazel Grace. (hehehe) He hugs me tightly, and I return the embrace. I hear him whisper something in my ear that makes me shiver.

"Deal. I'll always love you, Samantha Auburn."

I exit his tight embrace, and slap him across the face. "Don't EVER call me that."

He laughs. I see my work here is done, and I leave the room.

[back to the now]

"Taylor, it was a mistake. When you went away and started acting like a jerk, you ruined any chance of an 'us'. That's you and only you. I liked you okay? But you were too naive to see it. You thought the life of celebrity was better than any life with me. You made your decision years ago."

"Sam, I never meant to hurt you. I got preoccupied with other things. Yes, I was a naive jerk back then, but I've realized my mistakes and I want to make it up to you. I want you. I love you. Your personality is one of a kind and I love that. You're different, you're special, and you definitely aren't ordinary."

"It's way too late Taylor. I'm sorry, but this relationship doesn't have a beginning or an end. You chose that for yourself. Now you'll have to live with it, like how I lived with how you left me all those years ago. You'll live with the feeling that someone chose to leave you, thinking, or knowing, it was your fault. When you want to be supportive of me and my choices, you can come back into my life. But until you grow up and move on, stay away from me and Jack."

I stomp out the front door with my head held high. Taylor has a blank look on his face as I slam his door shut.

• • • • •

I walk out of Taylor's stressed. I immediately head towards Jack's house. I stop myself about halfway there, questioning myself. 

I continue walking. Screw everything. I know what I want.

  • • • • • 

I walk into his house, finally figuring out what I want.

He stands up looking alarmed.

I run to him, and tears start flowing. 

His eyes glisten, tears threatening to fall down his face.

I throw my entire body and soul into his arms.

Our mouths connect and bombs explode.

Finally. I know who I need to be with.

I pull away from the kiss, and Jack rests his forehead on mine.

"I love you with all my heart, mind, soul, and body. Nothing can tear us apart."

  • • • • • 

holy crAp it's over

guys i finished it

i love you guys. so much.

i have another story in the works, but i hope you liked this one.

sorry for the long lengths of time between updates and the sporadic posting [cher would be proud - clueless reference yo]

but adios for now.

this isn't the end of me. or the last you'll see of me... however that saying goes.

love you guys.

-hannah  

thetardissayshello