Chapter 1 Part 7

Chapter 1 Part 7

"All right, starting from the beginning at the door," she began. "His body rocked backward when he saw you. On the way here he had plenty of time to get used to the idea that you are smarter than him but he wasn't expecting your height. He got over it quickly though because he needs you. He smiled at me out of courtesy, but it didn't reflect in his eyes nor did he ask for or volunteer a formal introduction. I surmise that behavior stems from his father's strict treatment of his mother and his mother's willingness to accept such treatment. He remains unmarried not because he is incapable of love but because no woman can ever live up to his dear sweet Mum. He was put off when I both spoke a number of times and didn't leave when he began to speak to you."

She stopped a moment, pushed herself from the sink and began pacing again.

"He refused the cigar because he's uncomfortable smoking around women. I know this because when you offered he leaned forward as if to accept but then glanced in my direction. I can thus presume that his mother probably died as a result of a lung disorder, which leads to his untimely exit from the military. As you well know there are only a few things that can warrant an early release, death of close family members being one of them.

"As I do not fit into his pre-formed opinions of what a woman should be and in fact am opposite his ideal, I intimidate him very much. This was evident when after I spoke about the city dynamo he took a moment to actually assess me. When he was done looking me over, he physically turned his body toward you indicating a dismissal.

"Now," she continued, holding up one finger. "Since he has no wife or anyone else waiting for him at home I can surmise that he could only 'stay a few minutes' because he was anxious to get to the pub. This was evident by the redness in his eyes and since he walked coming but hailed a carriage down the block going, there's probably something special going on at his favorite place."

She paused in front of him, her eyes drifting off becoming unfocused, lost in thought. Bill waited for her to continue and reached out to touch her elbow when she didn't...

TO BE CONTINUED

**********

Ready for more Patches and Doctor Bill? Get the full length novel on Amazon!

Kindle Edition: http://www.amazon.com/Killing-Dreams-Myssah-Lee-ebook/dp/B0083VB32W/ref=sr_1_6_twi_2_kin?ie=UTF8&qid=1431893625&sr=8-6&keywords=killing+dreams

Paperback: http://www.amazon.com/Killing-Dreams-Myssah-Lee/dp/1468142917/ref=tmm_pap_title_0/186-7375186-1611752?ie=UTF8&qid=1431893625&sr=8-6

Visit me on my Goodreads Author page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6489868.Myssah_Lee

And don't forget to check out my (sadly neglected) blog also on Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6489868.Myssah_Lee/blog

To find me on Facebook search "Myssah Lee" or "Killing Dreams"

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!