Chapter 02

Just made my first sale. Easy peasy, I'll be counting stacks in no time. I headed through the door after giving those kids my tracphone number and left the store, got on my bike & peddled away. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, took it out and noticed i had a kik. I unlocked my phone and pulled down the notification bar and it read " 1 New Conversation" That means somebody new is trying to kik me. Super sus since i didnt give anybody my kik lately. Without opening it i was able to read the start of the message.

"Yo, Mel sent me, you on deck?"
God bless you Mel.
"Yeah, whatcha need & wya"
"I need a dime & im on the bench by the pond at the park."
After he (or she) said that i checked the kik picture for a familiar face. There was a picture of a luscious, thick, brownskinned girl. She had to be in her 20s, but the kik username was "ZayDontPlay"... Something dont add up here. I figured I'd go anyway, they mentioned Mel and the Park is in the open so they wouldn't try anything. So i headed for the park again so i can make this sale and get this money.

Sheesh, You'd think Mel would give me a heads up that shes sending somebody my way. That'd make shit way less sus. I decided to play some music on the way to the park to ease my nerves, i can never pick a song on my own so i pressed the good ol' shuffle button. "Ten Crack Commandments" by Biggie came on and all i remember thinking was "how appropriate." I got to the park and headed straight to the pond.

Sure enough there was a guy in wife beater, nike basketball shorts & some worn out air forces sitting on a bench near the pond. Obviously they were ball shoes, yanno, shoes specifically to be worn for basketball, so its gucci if they're worn out. The bench is facing the pond and behind it is a sidewalk then leads throughout the whole park. I silently got off my bike & put down the kickstand so it stands up and tip-toed over behind the guy.

He had headphones in and he was bobbing his head. Must be bumping my mixtape. I made a gun figure with my fingers and held it up to his head. "ZayDontPlay, you're under arrest for the intent of purchasing mary-ju-wanna". He kept bobbing his head then he turned and took his headphones off, "oh shit, whats up you the plug?".

Calm, chill, and low. Thats how he spoke. I looked at him confused for a sec, took a seat, then i finally said.. "How high are you man?" He laughed then said "high enough to know you're not." Agh, he was right, i woke up early and in such a rush i didnt even get to have my wake and bake. If i was gunna get far with this id have to build trust and cool points with my customers, so i thought of an idea.

"Then how about you put me on this dime im bouta sell you and next time I'll show extra love and give you a fat pack." Might as well kill two birds with one stone, eh?
"Shit, why not my nigga. My names Isaiah by the way." He said while passing me a wrinkly $10 bill. "Or yanno, Zay for short." I reached into the pill bottle and pulled out a dime bag.

"Well zay i got a question for you man." He threw up his hand and did the "bish whet" gesture. "Why the hell you catfishing niggas with that sexy hershey toned woman in your profile picture my nigga, thats not cool." He looked at me shocked and confused like he didnt know what i was talking about. I said nothing and simply showed him the picture, he had an annoyed look on his face and he slapped his forehead. "Dammit, thats my girl my nigga, she always gets on my phone and changes my profile picture on the low. I hate that shit."

Now this is where IM confused. At first glance nobody would pin Zay off as anything more than at least a 16 year old, and hes claiming the girl in his picture, the one who looks at least 22.. Is his girlfriend.. Nah. He split a swisher and stuck his hand out, i placed the dime bag in his hand and he started breaking up the bud. "So then, how old are you man? You out here dating older women and shit, nigga you look my age." He laughed again and he said "older woman?? My guy. she's 14." 

This don't add up.
This don't add up at all.
"I see why all these niggas in jail catching cases. Thats not 'I'm just a young girl' booty thats that 'plow me right here right now in front of everybody' booty." He stopped licking the swisher, paused then looked at me with a disgusted face. "Nigga...".

"Don't gimme that look my nigga, thats YO girl." I said with a judgmental look. I decided I'd hit up Snowbunny and ask her for the strain, you know, just in case somebody else asked for it of course. I sent her a text off the tracphone instead of my own cause its a number she should  obviously know.

"Hey ma, what strain is this?"
Smooth.
I slipped the phone back into my pocket and lifted my head to check out the progress on the blunt. Not even 3 minutes went by and he managed to roll a blunt , perfectly straight. I dont know who this niggas weed rolling sensei is but nigga deserves an award. He sparked up, took two hits & passed it.

Granted, smoking in a public park wasnt the best idea, but understand he was high and I'm a savage, theres no thinking clearly in that group. I took in a hit,  then i inhaled, you know the routine, and by the way that blunt was hitting i knew this was the start of a wonderful friendship.