Chapter 1: The Magical Land

Far away in the land of Peridot, the sun is beginning to rise. The birds are singing, butterflies are dancing and all the fairies are starting to wake. It's the end of March and today is going to be a busy day; everything has got to be prepared ready for the spring and summer festival, which takes place every year to celebrate the end of spring and the beginning of summer. Everybody in Peridot is looking forward to the annual event; it's two weeks of fun, music, dancing and games. The festival is an old tradition in Peridot, where the whole kingdom comes together to celebrate the beauty of nature and say thanks to the resources that nature provides; after crops and plants have been planted and the land has been cleansed, everybody gets to relax and enjoy the company of friends and family whilst being surrounded by the great outdoors. Even King Larimar looks forward to the event and always joins in.

The first thing to be done is to prepare the land for the planting of the seeds. There are thousands of seeds to be planted and scattered; all different shapes, sizes and colours. It is a very big task to get done and very important; every single fairy and animal work together to make sure no task gets missed.

Once everyone has had their breakfast they all assemble in the village centre. The middle of the village is a very special place, it is know throughout the kingdom as the Orb Circle. It was given this name since the beginning of time, as right in the centre of the village square is a pond, deep with crystal clear, sparkling water. Floating in the pond is an Emerald lotus, which holds and protects the Quartz Orb. The Quartz Orb is sacred to the land of Peridot; it's energy controls the seasons every year and insures a plentiful harvest, ready for the cold months of winter. Without the Orbs' energy Peridot would not be so harmonious.

The huge mass of fairies in the Orb Circle are waiting for the Kings steward to arrive with instructions for the up coming week. Everybody gets given a job, whether it is sweeping the streets for the parades, pruning the trees and bushes, organizing the events and activities, or sowing seeds for crops and plants. As the crowd of fairies grew, everybody was waiting eagerly to be given a task. The tasks are given out depending on the origin of the fairies which is displayed by the colour of their wings. The brown and green colours are in charge of planting the crops, from golden corn to gubble berry bushes. The red and yellow colours take care of the animals, large and small. The purple and orange colours take care of the forests and village; maintaining hedgerows, fences and buildings and the blue and grey colours organise the events and activities. Every animal and plants plays an important role in the great circle of life and the fairies are very thankful to share their kingdom with such a variety of both plant and animal. They take pride in looking after the land and in turn the land looks after them.