Chapter 3: Date

I wake up with my head on a stranger's shoulder. His black hair had fallen over his face and he's asleep too, wrapped tight in his long white coat. I blush and hurry to get off the train. I look around the giant train station for Natsu. I start to think that he left me.

"Lucy!" Natsu yells from behind me.

I turn to see the smiling pink haired boy. I smile and wave to him so I know he sees me. He runs up to me and grabs my hand in his.

"Ready?" he asks, seeming happy to be home.

"Yea," I reply, his fuzzy, happy energy washed  onto me.

"Where do you want to go first?"

"Something to eat would be nice." My stomach growls.

"I know just the place."

He drags me out of the building. The town is huge and beautiful.

We go to a little old restaurant and sat at a small, two person table.

An young, brunette comes by and asks us for our order. I'm jealous of her beautiful, sun kissed skin, but try to hide it with a fake smile and reply, "A burger."

Natsu, on the other hand, "I want the rack of lamb, the pork chops, the grilled chicken, the fried chicken, and the rolls. Thank you," he smiles at her.

"Where have you been, Natsu?" the waitress asks with a concerned look on her face.

"Happy got sick so I took him to her," he gestures to me, "and she talks to animals, so she fixed him right up, and he's better now." Natsu smiles.

"Oh my goodness," she turns to me, "Thank you for helping Happy. I'm Cana." She gets a giant smile on her face, then leaves to get the food.

"Steer clear of her," Natsu says getting a little serious. "You won't like her when she is drinking."

"Well then," I sigh.

When Cana comes back with our food, Natsu dives in. He seemed to unhinge his jaw to fit in all the food. I nibble at my food, a little disgusted at Natsu.

When he finishes, I offer him the rest of my food.

"Thanks." He takes my plate and shovels food down his throat.

"So, what's it like living here?" I ask looking around the building.

"I like it," he says eating the last of the fries.

I notice a red tattoo on his right arm.

"Natsu, what's that?" I gesture towards the symbol.

"It's a school thing."

I nod and decide to not question him further.

We pay and leave and walk around the town a while. He shows me stores and magic shops. I convince him to take me into a celestial magic shop.

"It's so lame," he complains.

My eyes light up in amazement at all the keys. There is even a how to book on making contracts.

"Natsu! Look at this! I need this book!"

He comes up behind me and throws his arm over my shoulder. Squinting, he reads aloud, "Contracts: Do It Right." he chuckles a little to himself then says, "Fine, grab it."

I look up at him in awe. "Really?" He nods. "Thank you so much!" I hug him so tight and don't want to let go. I feel tears start to well up in my eyes, I'm so happy.

"God, Lucy. You don't have to cry." He hugs me back and I feel myself blush.

I wipe my face and grab the book. He walks with me to the cashier and pays for the book.

"Thanks again, Natsu," I say nuzzling into Natsu's chest. I could feel his heart beat quicken and I blush again.

"Hey, Natsu, it's getting late. Could you do me one last favor?"

"Sure," Natsu's voice cracks.

I giggle to myself but feel a wave of sadness wash over me when I realize I have to leave this great guy. I hug the book to my chest.

"Can you take me to Fairy Tail?" I ask, quickly.

"Why do you need to go there?" He looks down at me curiously.

"I got accepted on a scholarship to practice magic," I explain.

Natsu raps his arms around me and hugs tightly.

"What are you-" I am cut off.

"You're going there? I'm so happy I'll get to go to school with you!" he lets me go and looks at my face smiling. "I just can't believe they'd let in someone who wants to be a celestial wizard in," he laughs.

My eyebrow starts to twitch again.

He grabs my wrist in one hand and takes my bag with the other. He drags my down the street.

"Where are we going now?" I ask with a blush on my face.

"To school," he smile and points at giant building at the end of the street.

As we got closer I read the sign above the entry way. It said Fairy Tail.