Secrets

Its says on the front of the envelope,
'To Amelia Elizabeth, 8 Pivet drive little whinging, Surrey'
"Its for me," I say. My mum looks at me with a weird face. Bit surprised, not confused. I dunno.
I viscously tear it open to read it.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms Elizabeth,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Wait, what!? Magic?

I read the whole letter aloud as my mum listens

Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.
Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

My mum doesn't look fazed at all by what happened. I would expect her too. This is madness and I need explanations.

"Uuuh. Mum?" She looks me in the eyes. I hate it when people do that. I feel like tjewyre staring into my soul.

" I had expected this a might happen," She says.

"Huh?"

"Your father..."

"Wait wHAt. Dad?" I ask. Dad??? What??

"Let me finish!" She says loudly. Woah okay. I shut up and listen.

"Your father went to Hogwarts. He is a half-blood."

"Wait, what's a half blood?"

"I'm going to finish." She says. Fine. I'll can live clueless.

"You see, Hogwarts is a boarding school for young witches and wizards to learn magic and about the magical world." Geez. Top much to take in at once. I actually believe this stuff.

"Now you can actually go there too. But since u barely have any magical blood and we live as muggles,"

"Muggles?" I ask

"Non magical folk." Ooh. Ok, so my mom is a muggle. I think.

"...I wasn't sure if u would get in. And we might have to move to the magical world too. " I didn't care about moving. We've done that before loads of times.

"Wait! So I'm going to a boarding school! A magical boarding school!" Yessss! This is amazing!

"Wait just a second. Did Reneé not go?"

"No she didnt."

"But why?" I Ask.

"Enough questions! Go on. Play outside or something. Tomorrow we'll go to Diagon Alley with dad. " Dad! Cool! But what diagon alley? Whatever. She doesn't want me to ask anything else.

This is when I forgot about the owls.

I look around quickly and see none. I rush to the window to look outside when one is standing on the ledge.

"Yo." I say to it. It fly's away in the sky with the other owls.

I then notice

Another paper in the envelope and read it.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM

Uniform? Whatever. I wear them anyway.

First-year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

Dragon hide. I always knew dragons were real.

4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.
COURSE BOOKS
All students should have a copy of each of the following:

It then lists a bunch of weird textbooks such as, "FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM, and THE STANDARD BOOK OF SPELLS. "

Oh my goodness I'm actually doing this.

I sit on the couch with my arms on the open window ledge looking outside. Some kids are playing football. I'm not really a fan. It really is a nice day so I stay there for awhile and close my eyes. Its nice and calming. I open my eyes and just look around outside. I catch a glimpse of a boy with circle glasses looking out the window of his house, and I look away.

Still cannot believe what's going to happen

This year is going to be amazing.

And I fall asleep and take a nap on the couch.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Finally uploaded. Ha! Didn't really edit it that much. But plz enjoy! I'm doing shout out for a shout out btw. So just comment!