Bullied and Broken

~Madeline's POV~

Today was my first day of school, and boy, was I excited! All through Elementary School, I was bullied by people who I am now ashamed to have once called my friends. Even with the memory of being bullied, I was just way too excited for high school! A fresh start, I'll leave my past behind me. I'll be at a new school, no one will know who I am - or was- and I will find some friends. Maybe a nice group of girls? I thought to myself.

Though all my hopes of having a good school year vanished when i heard a nasally voice call out "Hey! Slut! You're such a loser, no wonder you only have one friend!" My eyes misted up at the thought of my once best friend. 

~~~~~Flashback~~~~~

It was the first day of camp. I was turning nine in a couple weeks and every year my parents sent me away for the summer, while they took a two-month cruise. This year I got sent to Camp O' Briar, and It's a pretty good one. Just more of the same really though. Cabins in a horseshoe, one large Dining Hall, Firepit, large group games after dinner, as I said. Pretty basic. 

What I didn't expect, was that after dinner, a pretty, but an extreme girly girl came out of her cabin holding a friendship bracelet. I studied her, as she looked around. Was she looking for someone? I wondered. As I was looking I noticed she was wearing a bright pink skirt, a long one, mind you, not some short skirt that barely covered her butt. She also wore a pair of ballet-flats, in pink, but really new and shiny. The girl had her back to me, so I could see short blonde hair, and then she started turning. As she turned, I saw a Camp O'Briar T-shirt, and she had a thoughtful look on her face.

Her eyes lit up when she saw me, and she walked over briskly. When she was coming closer I noticed she had a light speckle of freckles across her nose, and she had a really nice chin. Maddy look away.Stop creeping her out. Stop Maddy, look away. MADELINE LOOK AWAY NOW!! Just as she stopped in front of me, I looked away.

"Hi! " The girl said.

"..........Hi........." I said looking past the ring of Cabins. 

"I'm Brtitney, I hope you would like to be my friend!" There was an ackward silence.

"My mum always told me to never talk to strangers!" I blurted out. I couldn't believe that I just said that! Maddy you will never make friends! I felt my cheeks redden, and I looked away. As I looked away I noticed that she clamped her hand to her mouth. She will hate you foreverrrrrrrr!!!!! My mind screamed. Then out of nowhere I heard a giggle. Then full blown laughter. Whatttttt????? I turned around to see the girl holding her sides and laughing so hard that I started to giggle too. Soon we were both laughing so hard, it took us ten minutes to calm down, because whenever I calmed down, I'd look at her and start laughing again. Eventually though we finished laughing. 

"Well, now you know who I am, so we aren't strangers anymore." The girl said as she stuck out her hand for me to shake and said "But you can call me Brit!".

"Nice to meet you. I'm Madeline James. " I said with a shy smile. Britney grinned right back at me. Brit then held out the friendship bracelet and smiled. I smiled back and she gestured for me to hold up my wrist. While I held it up she tied the bracelet on. "I feel like we'll be friends forever!" she exclaimed.

~~~~~Flashback Over~~~~~

All of a sudden I was back to the present. With the two biggest tormenters in my life in front of me. Their names were Britney and Ava and they are the hugest bitches ever. 

"Hey! Slut! Yes I'm talking to you! Your such a loser, even the losers don't want to be your friends!!" Britney continued yelling at me, and  I continued walking away, with tears pouring down my cheeks. Anyone? Anyone could stop her. Help! Please! 

Then I heard the sound of running footsteps. A girl almost skipped in through the front doors, so excited for school. Then she noticed the stand-off me and Britney were having. Almost instantly, her face darkened. She stormed over angerly and said 

"I hope there isn't a problem here?", her voice dripping with sarcasm. Britney and Ava took half a pace back, because you see "this girl" , now that I realize who she is, has quite a reputation in this school. She could throw a punch stronger then any of the boys, played football, basketball, and soccer extremely well, but what could you expect? The girl had four older brothers! 

"N-none... Samantha..... N-none" Ava quicky said, just to get out of there. She and Britney turned and ran away. Samantha glared at them for a couple more seconds, then turned to face me. Her face softened, then she said "You'd better get going. You'll miss first period."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

How did you enjoy the first chapter? This is my first time writing on Wattpad and would love some feedback! Do you think I should write another chapter? If any of my story is in anyway simular to another's story, that would be an accident and completely coincedental. If you enjoyed it, leave a vote or a comment!!

~~~LilFunny ~~~

See you soon for the next Part!!