Chapter four

-Hilary's POV-

I look up to see Chase. "Oh yeah, Chase. Sorry about that." I apologise. "How are you?" I see that most of the cuts have healed or are about to. He is wearing his usually cute geeky attire that, as I mentioned before, does no justice to what's underneath. He has his big rimmed glasses on and his dark brown hair is gelled back.

"I'm great, thanks. How are you?" He asks politely.

"I'm good. Why are you going to school so early?" I check the time and it's 6:30.

"I have some homework to catch up with so thought might as well get to school early." He smiles but this all to familiar smile, it's forced and kinda awkward. I use to do that smile when I use to hide something but trying not to but into his business I just nod as we continue our walk to school.

We continue some small talk as we approach school and when we arrive we part ways. I walk down the lonely, abandoned halls and towards my locker. I look at my timetable. Great, double music. Don't get me wrong I love music but I'm untalented and useless when it comes to telling which note is which and how to draw a good treble clef.

I grab my music book and work book that is already full of little stick figure drawings. I grab my Throne of Glass book and head towards the music rooms.

I enter the class which is surprisingly open and I take a seat in the corner of the class that is full of wind and string instruments but it's okay because it makes me even more invisible. 

I'm so engrossed in my book I don't notice someone entering the room until I hear the strumming of a guitar.

I look up to see the back of someone. They continue playing absolutely oblivious to my presence. I sway my head as the person continues to strum the guitar. I watch in complete awe.

I hear the soft sound of his voice as he continues playing.

A loud ring erupts around the small space. I feel my face pale as I reach into my pocket and mute my phone but it's to late.

I never get text messages why now!

The strumming of the guitar stops and the person turns around. My eyes widen and my jaw drops as I notice the familiar face that belongs to Declan.

"I'm... Im sorry... I was, uhh, I mean I wasn't listening I swear." I stutter as his intense stare softens.

"It's fine. Just a little surprised, thought I was alone." He puts his guitar back in its case and hides it behind a whole heap of instruments. He makes his way out of the classroom. When his hand grabs the door nob he pauses as if about to say something but he keeps quite. He slams the door to add on to the already dramatic scene.

As the day drags on I am relived when the lunch bell finally goes off. I collect all my notes from AP English and I sprint out the door. As I exit the door I see chase waiting outside.

"Hey Chase." I smile at him.

"Hey Hilary. How was English?"

I shrug "same old. Nothing really interesting." We walk down the hall of the school towards the cafeteria.

"Uh where are we going?" Chase asks as he eyes the cafeteria door.