Chapter 4

Dakota walked in his first class. He was almost 15 minutes late. So when he walked in everyone looked at him.

"Your late. This won't be and everyday thing right?" His teacher asked.

"No ma'am."

"What's your name?"

"Dakota Anderson"

"Okay I have you seated next to Riley Morgan. Riley raise you hand." As Riley raised his hand Dakota looked up and their eyes met again. Riley was seated all the way in the back corner. So would could see the back of everyone's head.

"These will be the seats you will sit in all year, unless I have to move you for bad behavior." The teacher stated. The teacher sat at her desk and started typing. The class was silent and Dakota looked to his left and smiled at the young boy Riley who smiled back.

A few moment later the teacher introduced herself as the Math teacher Ms.Berry. She explained that she was very nice and only asked everyone for respect and that if everyone works hard shell do her best to make math fun.

"Today, I want everyone to get to know their partners  and work on the packet I'll give you together. Tomorrow you will do another packet independently just so I can see when you are and what we need to work on and all that stuff." Ms.Berry announces

The packets were handed out and shared between each partner. Dakota took out a pencil and paper, wrote down his name and passed the paper to Riley.

"That's cute." Dakota smiled when he saw Riley's name neatly written next to his sloppy one.

"Yeah?" Riley smiled back, blushing a little.

"Yeah. It's written so cutely compared to mine."

"Thank you, Dakota." Riley sat up straight and folded his hands in his lap.

"Your welcome. So, are you any good in algebra?"

"Math comes naturally easy for me it is so easy. I love it so much."

"So I guess your the kind of person who loves school?"

"I don't necessarily like this school but I like learning new things"

For the rest of this class it went like this small talk and finishing up the assignment. They finished first and just sat and talked until this two hour class ended. Both boys really liked each other.

As a writer your first book isn't your best. Your best will take time and your best is when you feel inspired.