14 | Lies

Sorry I didn't update sooner, I've been at the beach and my cousin came back for a week. This chapter is long, but I couldn't really trim it bc everything was needed XD hope you guys enjoy!

Picture of the ABSOLUTELY HOT ASS MF JACK ON THE SIDE HE'S MY LOVE <3

***

Sierra's POV

"Thank you for driving me, Ruby. I'll see you back in the states in a few days, alright?" It was tough to watch your best friend gaze at you with puppy dog eyes and a whimpering frown without bawling.

The airport was a place of many things - joy at seeing family members, tears of departures, and straight up relief for being off those awful flying death traps. I was enduring the second example at the moment and was devastated to see Ruby for the last time of my break.

Ruby sniffed loudly, then looked up at me as she responded.

"I'll miss you and text you every day. No pregnancies, please! As much as I love you, I don't want to be an aunt anytime soon!" And, with those warm departing words, my best friend drove off in her Mazzarati, leaving me to drag my sorry ass and suitcase to the check in.

I made my way through the huge place, keeping my eyes down. I never liked attracting attention to myself, and being a young girl alone in an airport was pretty intimidating.

The airport was a large establishment with tons of windows and small shops filled with assorted fatty snacks and travel pillows. It was huge, and my navigation skills weren't exactly up to par, so I was grateful when I finally made it to the check in.

After I'd gotten all of my essentials taken care of, I made my way to my designated gate. I still had three minutes before they admitted anyone on, so I took an empty seat by the gate.

I pulled my phone out to see I had a text from Daniel.

Danny: hey, sorry I didn't get to see you off, you left before I woke up :/ last night was kinda weird, and I talked to Shawn after you left last night. He wants you to know that he was pretty drunk and shouldn't have been so forward, but also that he's not too upset by what you said. Ruby misses you like crazy already. I'll see you back at NCIFA.

I smiled at his text and felt a crushing weight lift off of my shoulders. Shawn was sad, but not that sad. I hoped we could still be friends in the future, because he seemed really fun to be around.

SierraMist: thanks for letting me know. see ya back in America! :)

Before I knew it, I heard a scratchy voice come over the intercom and announce that my flight was ready to take off. I huffed and got up with my purse and phone in hand.

Everyone around me stood to shuffle towards the main gate. I blended into the crowd and made my way down the long grey portable hallway after handing the lady at the desk my ticket.

My seat on the plane wasn't anything special, but as soon as I sat down on that worn blue fabric, I felt very sleepy.

A nap would be the best thing for me right now.

I tucked my purse by my side and took out my hot pink headphones and plugged them into my phone. I leaned back into the chair, closing my eyes. I was just getting ready to play Fetty Wap's album, when I felt someone brush my arm. My eyes popped open, and I glanced to my right to see a young guy seating himself next to me in the aisle seat.