25

please vote, comment, share(:

I pull up to the familiar driveway of my home. Home, as in where I was raised, with my two parents. The walls holding secrets and memories that no one left can tell, other than myself.

I guess it is just now setting in that my mom is now gone too. I came here so I can avoid Luke. But I don't think I could last one night in this house. Not only did my mother die in this house, but also her murder.

Luke has been trying to get ahold of me since yesterday, but I have been ignoring him. With everything going on, I can't grasp onto anything right now. Everything is happening so fast, and I just need one moment to think everything through.

-flashback to night before-

I sit down next to Taylor on the couch, alcohol running through my body. I didn't drink much, but I am a little tipsy.

"Jade," Taylor looks at me. "I need to tell you something but you have to keep it a secret."

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"You're like one of my only friends that I can trust with this. But I need you to really keep your mouth shut until I figure everything out." She says, not getting to the point.

"Spit it out already." I snap, but not meaning to sound like a bitch.

"I might be pregnant." She bites her lip. I feel my eyes widen at her, not knowing what to think.

"Have you taken a test yet?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"I'm afraid I'll get caught in the store buying it. I need to find someone to do it for me." She tells me. I know just the person.

-End flashback-

I hope out of my car, and walk next door to Kory's. I quietly knock on his door, and his mom answers.

"Oh my," She gasps and pulls me into a hug. "How are you Jade?" She asks, squeezing me tight.

"I'm doing alright, I guess" I shrug as she pulls away. "Is Kory home?"

"He in his room." She says, letting me in. I smile at her and run up the stairs. I knock on the door and open it, seeing Kory sitting on his bed playing video games. He looks up at me and smiles.

"I need you to do me a favor." I say and sit next to him.

"Hey jade! Great to see you too. I'm doing alright, thanks for asking." He says sarcastically and I slightly punch him in the arm.

"I need you to go get me a pregnancy test." I tell him. He pauses his game and looks at me.

"You're pregnant?!" He whispers loudly, eyes widened.

"No!" I tell him. "I have a friend that possibly might be and she doesn't want to be seen because paparazzi, and I don't want to do that either. So I need you to go get it so rumors don't pop up or anything." I explain.

"You're lucky I love you. I do most of the tampon shopping for you anyways. But I never expected a pregnancy test." He shakes his head.

"Can you go right now?" I ask.

"Fine." He sighs. "I'll see you in a few" he stands up and kisses my cheek. He throws on a shirt and grabs his keys, running downstairs.

I look around his room, spotting all the old pictures of us hanging on the wall. His window is open, looking right into my room. My window is cracked open, and the breeze pushing the curtains around.