Chapter one- Holly and Valerie

I don’t own The Yogscast just so I can get that clear in your head.

Valerie’s POV

Everything was dark, well at least not for long once my eyes were opened. I woke up to the sound of chirping birds and water; I was face first in sand, surprisingly, I haven’t swallowed any yet. My black tank top and jacket were drenched and so were my shorts and boots, great. I tried to get up but decided against it and turned my head to the right.  Near me was a girl with blond hair and she was wearing a dark blue jacket and jeans with black sneakers which was of course drenched she wasn’t moving. I got up again which was hard because of my aching arms and legs and a fuzzy head, so I got up onto my hands and knees and crawled over. I shook her awake and she slowly opened her eyes which was bright green, for that I got a punch to the face.

Holly’s POV  

I woke up to someone shaking me awake, I eyes opened slowly and the sun was above me. I didn’t know where I was so I guessed it was a stranger and I didn’t like strangers so I punched the person and I heard a scream in pain followed by a shout, “What the hell was that for?” I sat up, my vision was clear now and it was a girl my age wearing a grey tank top with army shorts and a backpack and her black hair tied back so I could see her strange light purple eyes and she was rubbing her nose which was bleeding badly.

 “Oh shit, um sorry I punched you, purely instinct,” I spoke as I came over to check on her nose.

“Never mind, I am used to it,” she said as she wiped her nose with the sleeve of her jacket. She stuck out her hand, “Name’s Valerie.”

I took it and said “Holly. Where are we?”

“I dunno, woke up here lying in the sand and you lying beside me unconscious.”

“What do you have in your bag there?”

Valerie turned to look at her back and gave a light laugh, “Didn’t know I had that there,” and she unzipped it reveling a dark matter pickaxe, a crafting table, a book surprisingly not damaged by the water, a diamond sword, an iron axe, a bow with a quiver arrows, a few pieces of meat and bread, 5 red mushrooms, torches and a few pieces of wood and wool. She passed me the diamond sword and she took the bow and the quiver of arrows, zipped up the bag again and slung them over her shoulder. With the bow in her hand Valerie started marching towards a forest and I ran to catch up with her.

“So where are you from?” I spoke after walking for a while, breaking the eerie silence, Valerie didn’t answer, not one for small talk, I understand, so we walked in silence stopping only to eat or shoot a creeper, the journey was uneventful until night fell. We heard the moan of zombies and the hissing of spiders in the distance coming closer and there were some skeletons in the mix.

“Shit I forgot about shelter!” Valerie said nocking an arrow in her bow as the sound of the monsters came closer. I drew my sword and got ready to fight.