Chapter 3 BFF

'BEEP, BEEP, BEEP.' My alarm clock went off I rolled over covering my head with a pillow, before the beeping got annoying  I rolled back over and pounded at the clock until it shut off. I looked at the celling. I better get ready before im late.  I got out of my bed and took a shower, did my makeup, straightened my hair, and go dressed when I checked the time I freaked out "Fuck I'm going to be late." I didn't even grab anything to eat I hurried out of my apartment, and walked briskly to my new job.

I walked threw the doors and checked in with the front desk lady  "Good you're here, head up to the top floor and into Mr. Wayne's office. he's waiting."

When I arrived at Bruce's office I knocked lightly. "Come in." I heard his voice say. I walked in a little nervure, he smiled at me "You know your late, right?"  His husky voice said with a yawn "Anyway I need you to run a copy of this and hand them out to everyone on this list" he handed me a folder full of paper.

After doing what he said I came back to his office it was about three hours after and my stomach felt like it was gonna eat itself. My phone buzzed in my pocket I took it out and opened the message. 'I'm about to leave meet you there in a few.' from Tim I put my phone back in my pocket.

"I'm gonna go on my lunch break if you don't mind." I say grabbing my purse.

"Go right ahead I'll be here." he said smiling he glanced me then back to his computer.

When I arrived at the diner  I didn't recognize the man who stood up from the booth immediately it was only when he spoke to me I knew who he was "Victoria its been to long." Tim said hugging me.

"I know right, I almost didn't recognize you." we sat down we ordered a large fries and shakes.

"I know I got sexier." he flexed a little making me give a slight blush. "But your more nicely dressed then usual. are you trying to impress me loser?"

"Ha ha cute but no, I actually got a job." I took some fries and dipped them in my shake.

"With your eating habits, what job hired you?" he took a sip of his shake his blue eyes watching me giggle before making the announcement.

"Your looking at the new personal assistant of Bruce Wayne at Wayne Enterprise." he almost chocked on his shake.

"What? damn Vic, I cant believe your working with him." he said with a smile I smiled back at him. we went back to eating, after a while he says. " I see your still wearing the ring I gave you before you left the city."

"Yeah and your still wearing yours." I say taking the last fire. I can't believe its been eight  years since I left, I thought.

"I know you haven't talked with Alice. You know she really misses you so would you please her." He begged my mind flashed to Alice, my twin sister. I did miss her and I knew by all the messages I just received turning on my phone once again, she missed me. I agreed I would see her again.

We paid for lunch and he walked me back to work when I glanced at the newsstand. "Hey Tim who's batman and Robin?"

"Huh? Oh they are crime fighters, who help save the people of Gotham." he said running a hand threw his black hair, before  we stopped at the entrance of Wayne Enterprise " I should let you get back to work. See you around." he hugged me before leaving

"Im back Mr. Wayne." I sat down in the chair

"Good, I need you too hand out more forms. And you know you can just call me Bruce, my dear." He says with a smirk but not even looking up from his computer. I nodded before running off, I copied more forms and handed them out when I went back up I noticed he had left. I decided to wander around the building until my shift was over.

*later that night in Tim Drakes pov*

"Really you hired my best friend to be your personal assistant." I yelled in rage.

"She's not my personal personal assistant, Tim. She's like a intern. For now." Bruce said suiting up in his Batman suit. 

"What do you mean for now?"

"I've seen how she fights, I've seen how she is with orders, and I've now seen how she is with you." he turned and looked at me "Its just a matter of time before she gets herself into trouble and she becomes one of us."

"But Bruce, I don't want her getting into trouble nor do I want her to be one of us. She's already endanger just walking the streets alone. "

"It's not you desertion Tim that's the end of this conversation." he says firmly as I began to walk to the Tumbler, I heard him say  "But soon I will have to make her my actual personal assistant, to know if she is the right for it." My hatred still burned inside me at his actions, there is no way she could be fully  protected with his desertion. But I believe that the reason she left might give her a bad reputation to Bruce.