Chapter 40 worst day ever

This has to be the worst Christmas and birthday in my life, Victoria's funeral crept up slowly, I was a mess and I could tell Jason was too. When Bruce told him, Jason broke down in front of him, all he wanted to do was protect his love but he's now thinks he's failed. Tim was still devastated by last nigh. Damian was the worst he acted like it didn't bother him, he turned around and went into the training room where he took out all his sadness.

I looked down at my sisters casket, the dark wood glistened in the setting sun with shining silver that lined the borders. Victoria looked so beautiful her black hair was curled and was shaped to her porcelain face and over her right shoulder. I thought about all her scars she had on her body I guess makeup did the trick to hid them and show herself before the accident. She wore a black and red gown, her pale hands were folded upon her rip cage had her best friend ring that Tim gave her and a old family ring Jason put on her. It was a family air loom that Bruce wanted his adopted son to give to his love. The Eye of Opal was perfectly placed around her neck and laid on her still chest. Her eyes stayed closed and was dusted in a light shade of black that also matched her black lips.

"She looks so beautiful." I murmur trying to hold back tears as Jason laid his head on the casket leaving his hands on Victoria's. I watched him shake as he was broke more and more for his love. I felt a comforting hand wrap around my should I didn't have to look up nor did I want to. I knew it Dick, with his sadden eyes that looked like they haven't slept in days. I sighed wishing that I could spend our birthday with my alive sister, not to see her dead. I heard more footsteps from behind I knew it was Bruce with Damian who head his held high trying to fight his tears. I didn't want to be here anymore, I didn't want to cry in front of everyone. I quickly turned to run out the front of the building but I ran into a strong chest, I looked up with my tear filled eyes at my best friend Tim brought me out of the building with him and walked me to the car. "It should have been me." I muttered. "Zsasz should have tortured me not her."

"Stop beating yourself up. Victoria would do anything for you, Alice. and you know that." Tim says wrapping his arms around me. I didn't want a hug I want my sister back. "She put herself in front of every dangerous threat she could just to protect you." We sat in Bruce's expensive car waiting for the others to come out, I sighed listening to him comfort me but my mind slipped into my thoughts.

I was sitting in front of the couch with Dick draped arm around my shoulder, I was staring at the fire that was lit in the grand mantel in the manor. I held a cup of cocoa in one hand and present from him in the other. This would be the first actual Christmas I would be spending without the yelling and fighting caused by my parents. I could smell the aroma of  ginger bread that was made minutes ago by Alfred, the sound of  Tim getting chased around the manor by Damian with his new super soaker was like music to my ears.

When Victoria and Jason walked threw the grand entrance into the manor I heard Damian yell "Surprise!" soaking Jason but ultimately misses. Victoria made her way into the living room where Dick and I were, Her dark red corset dress swayed as she came up to hug me.

"Alice you look beautiful." she says referring to my dark blue corset dress that we brought on your girls day.

I smile and  say "You're the one that's beautiful." My sister smiles as Jason comes to her side wrapping his arm around my sister's waist.

"Happy Birthday." Jason, Tim, Dick, Damian, Alfred, and Bruce all sang  in unsent  bring out one grand cake and two giant gifts. After we opened the gifts Jason waited for the right moment to get on his knees and pull out a small box. I stood by Dick watching as tears weld up in her eyes. "Victoria Hart, Will you marry me." She nodded letting him place a onyx ring on her finger.

"Today Jason was suppose to purpose to her." I murmur letting my eyes drift to the entrance to the church were Bruce, Damian, and Dick emerged, I sighed getting out of the expensive sports car and went into the quiet and dimming church to see my sisters body one last time.

"Victoria... I will never be able to repay you for everything you did. I can never live up to your standers, I can never replace you. You have been by my side threw all. Ever though you weren't there for those eight years, I'm glad you came after me and for saving me. I'm sorry you couldn't have been saved." Tears filled my eyes and trailed down my cheeks, I began to read the tombstone that with be on her grave A minute will never go by without remembering our loving wife, sister, and friend. I began to choke on tears and my words "

"I-I... will always l-love you."

I began to turn and leave the church. leaving my best friend, leaving my sister, leaving my last family member I have, leaving Victoria.