Chapter Two: Unspoken Certitude

CHAPTER TWO: UNSPOKEN CERTITUDE

“You’re still drunk, are you?” asked Rachel.

“Nah,” Gino replied, “a little bit; I need coffee, sis.”

“Fine, we’ll stop at the nearest gas station,”

“Thank god,”

“Just please don’t throw inside the car,”

“You’ll be driving,” said Gino, “it’s impossible.”

“Yeah, right. Shut up,”

The third semester’s nearing to an end. All students are required to study for the upcoming prelimary examination – a thing that Geronimo hates the most. He is the outgoing type of guy who smokes and drinks almost everything and doesn’t care what might happen later or tomorrow. At first sight, he looks like Ezra Miller, but the drunk version of him. Geronimo enjoys music as much as he enjoys his vices only with the exception of almost all of modern pop songs that he regards to be “mediocre.”

It’s already six in the evening when they pulled out the university parking. And the border between night and day can be clearly seen in the West. Rachel took the Ashley Street, knowing that it is the nearest route to the gas station. Geronimo, whilst sitting comfy, is constantly levitating almost all of the things barricading their car such as cans and newspapers.

“Could you please stop doing that?” said Rachel, “what if someone finds out?”

“Don’t worry, they won’t,”

“Geez, you’re my older brother but you’re acting like a child,”

Shortly after that, they arrived in a gas station. They hopped out of the car and proceeded to a convenience store where they took their coffee. Geronimo bought some M&M’s and went outside.

“Sis,” said Gino, “look at this.”

Geronimo poured some M&M’s to his hand and levitated them slowly. While in mid-air, he fired all of the chocolate peanuts to a nearby plastic garbage bin. The snacks flew in great speed that it caused holes in the bin. Gino was about to launch the last bit when Rachel suddenly stopped him.

“Stop!” Rachel exclaimed while counter-levitating the M&M’s, “this is not for fun!”

Geronimo dropped the levitation and just sat down.

“We’re not suppose to be playing with our abilities,” said Rachel.

“I’m just loosing things up,” Gino replied.

“Loosing what?” asked Rachel, “is it because of Peach?”

“Yeah,”

“Tell me. Really, what happened to the both of you?”

“Believe me, she’s one of us,”

“You’re kidding, aren’t you?”

“No, I’m not,” said Gino, “she really is one of us.”

“How sure are you?”

“I saw her using her abilities to stop time!”

“What?!” Rachel exclaimed, “There are only three of us. This can’t be.”

“And I got a more serious problem than that,” Gino replied while stirring his coffee mentally. He whispered something to Rachel.

“Oh god,”

“I told you – we are not alone,” said Gino, “it is not only me, you, and Gaile.”

“Then… if we are not alone, how many are there among us?”