Chapter Three, Episode Two: Girl in a Bright Pink Dress

CHAPTER THREE, EPISODE TWO: GIRL IN A BRIGHT PINK DRESS

Circa April 2005, past ten o’clock in the evening.

Around nine in the evening, Abegaile’s girl friends came to her flat. It is their official girl’s night-out and they are planning to get on really wasted. The night is still young and so are they. There are around six of them, all of which are heavy drinkers and party-people. They came in different attires and all of them brought different booze and liquors.

The party started at around nine-thirty after they arranged the party scene. There were balloons everywhere in different shades, pink and yellow. And on the living room, there was an assortment of movies, some were horror classics like Friday the 13th, Halloween, and Scream – not to mention, they also have a box set of Nightmare on Elm Street. Partnered with the fragrant smell of bacon and steak coming from her flat’s kitchen, it is indeed, a perfect party with a little taste of the 90’s.

Beer and a lot of assorted mixed drinks were served as the clocks hand strikes six. There were pasta, fried chicken, a lot of pizza, bacon, steak, burgers, and hotdogs. All in with vodkas and tequila. The party officially started, the never-ending chatting commenced, and the first Scream was rolling.

Almost an three hours and a half have passed and they’re still drinking, laughing, and doing lots of weird things. Time has come where their tables got a drought and someone must shower liquid gold to it.

Abegaile took the step and went to the kitchen to grab more beer. She was beside the fridge where the beer case is located when a voice suddenly whispered to her ears. It was a girl, dressed in a bright pink dress with a long black hair. She’s just standing beside the table, staring at Abegaile.

“You are, one of them,” the girl said without even moving her lips.

Out of fright, Abegaile didn’t manage to utter a single word. Instead, she called the attention of her fellow girl friends. However, it is but no use; there was no one in the flat except for the two of them. The girl kept on talking – about things she didn’t understand except for the first statement the girl said.

“Do everything. Protect them. The society, don’t let it fall down. You need to help me, the monsters are coming after me,” the girl said.

After a while, Abegaile took the courage to speak to the girl.

“Who are you?” she asked.

“Please, don’t let the monsters take me! I won’t taste your cookies if they take me,” the girl said.

“Wait, I don’t understand what you are talking about,” she replied. And it is as if the girl does not hear what she is saying. There wasn’t a proper reply to her questions.

“Tell daddy not to tell mommy I came to see you, she might worry, and it’s bad for me,” the girl said, “I think I need to go. You’ll see me soon.”

“Wait!” Abegaile exclaimed.

The girl swiftly ran across the room and approached the window. Abegaile ran and tried to stop her as the girl stood upon the pane. Seconds later, the girl smiled and jumped outside. She screamed in terror but not a single word came out her mouth.

The very next thing she knew, she was sitting beside the fridge and screaming at the top of her lungs.

“Abby!” Andrea, one of her girlfriends, exclaimed, “Abby, wake up!”

Abegaile, on the other hand, is panting and can barely breath. She’s pale and shivering. Andrea along with her other girlfriends panicked and rushed to where Abegaile is. Each and everyone is questioning just what happened to her.

“Abby, tell me, what happened?” Beatriz asked.

“I saw this girl, she was talking to me—,” she replied.

“Okay, that’s it, no more booze for you,” Sarrah said, “you’re hallucinating.”

Petrified and uncertain, Abegaile stood up and walked into her room as if nothing happened. She didn’t drink anything afterwards. The party continued and her girlfriends just thought it was just a simple hallucination.

On the other hand, the very next day for Geronimo and Rachel is never the same as it was before. The flowers around the Castres manor does not bloom the way they usually do. And the sky is never as bright as it usually does. Now, everything for them is a misery. Especially today that someone is on their tail, chasing them everywhere.

Geronimo and Rachel just finished fixing the house, while a question still lingers in their memory. There are still things, according to Geronimo, that needs a definite answer. It is still unclear to the siblings why the thieves stole the filing cabinet. Because for all they care, it is just a cabinet with a pile of fifty-year-old papers heaped over each other.

Another mystery that boggles the both of them is the fact that Abegaile didn’t see not a single premonition that it will happen. Geronimo phoned Abegaile the very next day after the happenings and according to her, there are only two reasons why she didn’t see it happening beforehand. The first reason might be is that it is not in the original timeline of events, that someone might have broke the chain of events and altered the continuum of space and time. It can only be done by someone who can travel back in time. And the other reason might be is that someone manipulated her mindset to not see the future before the crime happened. Abegaile gave a theory that a person with telepathic abilities might have altered her mindset during the time as she shared what she saw about the girl in bright pink dress. “Someone knows about us,” she uttered. She even stated that the last premonition that she saw before the crime was her vision of Peach. After which was succeeded by her vision of the girl.

“That vision of the girl,” Geronimo said, “is it a premonition or simply a vision?”

“It is not a premonition and I am sure about that,” she said.

“Then what do you think it is?”

“A warning, maybe? I don’t know,” she replied, “she mentioned about protecting the society and requested me to tell her ‘daddy’ not to tell her ‘mommy’ that she came to see me.”

“This – this just blows my mind,” he said, “I don’t know what’s happening.”

“Neither do I,” she replied.

“Whoever that girl is, she knows something about this,”

“But the question is, can we find her? If yes, where? And what does she want to tell us?”