Chapter 4

Molly came up to me a few days later while I was grooming Lightning.

"Marnie I need to talk to you." she said.

"About what?" I asked.

"An opportunity. It's a summer job here. You can come here each and work with the horses. You can come here each day and work with the horses. You don't have to take up the opportunity if you don't want to but I think you'd enjoy it. What do you think?" Molly asked me.

"I'd love to come but I don't know if I can." I said sadly.

"Why not?" Molly asked; surprised.

"My parents are still upset about.....about what happened............. and I can't leave them in the summer. I leave them enough when I come to school and do other things. It's not fair Molly." I say.

"Marnie if you want to work here in the summer you can work here in the summer. You went through the crash through too and you can do things too. You do lots for your family and you know it Marnie." Molly told me.

"Are you sure I should come here and be sure that my parents would be OK?" I asked.

"Yes and if they aren't then they can ask someone else to help them. You can't help them all the time. Do you understand?" Molly asked me.

I nodded.

"You don't have to take the job if you don't want to." Molly told me.

"No, I want to take the job. I think it would help me and your right; if my parents need help they can ask someone else. Actually, my parents are getting help. They have signed up to more counselling sessions. They believe that the counselling sessions they are attending aren't enough. Hopefully it will help them. Do you think it will?" I asked.

"I hope it will. Do you think it would help you if you attended more counselling sessions Marnie?" Molly asked.

"I don't think so. Counselling sessions do help me but only up to a certain point. I think that horses help me more than anything else. I think the summer job will help me lots." I replied.

"I hope that the summer job does help you. Well, I need to go teach a group lesson so I'll leave you to carry on grooming Lightning. I'll tell the owner that you've accepted the job, OK. See you later." Molly said.

I waved goodbye and carried on grooming Lightning.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stepped out of the car with my parents and started walking through the door. When I went inside me and my parents were greeted by the receptionist Penny.

A few minutes later I was called into Doctor Johnson's office. Once I had entered and sat down we greeted each other and then the counselling session began.

"So Marnie how have you been getting on this week?" Dr Johnson asked me.

"Alright apart from that I had another incident on Tuesday. In RE we were learning about death and I couldn't deal with it so I ran out of the classroom and into the field Lightning was in." I said.

"OK. Do you think that you are dealing with these incidents in a better way as time passes or not?"

"Yes. I don't start crying randomly now, only if something reminds me of what happened. I think horses have been helping me a lot. If I didn't spend time with horses then I don't think I would be as happy as I am now."

"Well that is good. In the summer are you doing anything? I'm asking because I think it would help you if you did something over the summer."

"Yes, I've been given the opportunity to work at the stables in the summer. I've decided to accept the job even though I won't be able to help my parents if anything  happens but Molly persuaded me."

"Are you sure you want to accept this summer job?"

"Yes, I think I need to realise that I can't help my parents all the time and that they need to ask other people for help as well."

"I think your right. I also think the summer job will help you, especially as you said horses help you deal with what happened. Why do you think you need to help your parents all the time?"

The rest of the session carried on with us discussing why I helped my parents so much. After I left my Mum went in and then finally my Dad. I just stayed in the car doing my homework. I kept thinking about the summer job. I wondered what my parents would think about it. Would they let me? If  I couldn't accept the job what would I do in the summer?

Author's note

I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so so sorry I haven't updated in ages. I could try to make an excuse but it wouldn't be good enough. You guys deserve much better. I'm ssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooo sorry! Please comment and vote!

Goodbye everyone!