Chapter 2

"You have a new client , he booked you for a year. His name is August...." Brina said.
I paused. It can't be the August I know , August was my high school sweetheart . When my mother was diagnosed with lung cancer , we moved to NOLA in desperation to find a cure. I changed my number, deleted all accounts on social media to focus on my ill mother.
"He should be walking in any minute now, your training session with him is 35 minutes for 12 months, good luck Mani" she stated. I sighed.

August finally walked threw the door, he was still the same way I remembered, tall, skinny, and always smiling. I fixed my clothes and walked over to Sabrina who was signed him in. "Hello August, I'm Armani and I will be your personal trainer for the next 12 months" I said. He looked over at me and smiled, I let a weak smirk appear in my face, and felt his arms give me the biggest hug ever. "I missed you , how's everything with mama going ? "
I sighed " It's getting better , doctors appointments after doctors appointments, medical bills up the roof, but I won't complain" I said . " Damn, well at least she getting better" he said.
" Yeah I know , but lets get you started" I said, changing the topic. We walked into my training unit, that was painted pink and had treadmills, weights, body balls and a bike.
After the training session with August I locked up my unit, and clocked out, heading for my car. Starting up my car I hear a knock on my newly tinted windows. I reach for my tazer and let down my window.
" Mani, I was wondering could I have your number ? Just in case I can't make it one day to training" August said.
"Or is it because you want to text me tonight" I chuckled.
He gave me his phone and I saved my number, we exchanged goodbyes and I pulled out headed to Popeyes.
" Can I have your 4 piece chicken wings, hand battered, a side of Macaroni and Cheese and A Medium Sweet Tea." I stated
"Yes ma'am , your total is $7.68 at the second window." She said.
I paid for my food and started my drive towards my house.

I finished eating my food and made my way upstairs to take my shower, after I got done showering I brushed my teeth and slipped on a pair of Spandex Nike Shorts along with a tanktop I turned on Love and HipHop Atlanta and uploaded a picture in Instagram

@ArmaniLove - After a long day of work the bed won this battle
#NoMakeup
#LHHATL
#IHaveNoLife
#RandomHashtags
.

As I continued scrolling , my phone vibrated alerting me I had a text message .

6092761382 : Hey beautiful ♡
6095210641 : Who is this?
6092761382 : August
6095210641 : Lol , Saving it now.
Auggie : Whats my name now ?
ManiQueen : Asshole

As the night progressed, I told August I was going to bed, Love and HipHop was going off , and I layed their thinking ....
I think the feelings I had for August never left.