Untitled Part 2

I awaken in my bed on Saturday morning. Shit! I fell asleep on Everett, in his bed. Then, how am I in my bed? I get up and change into grey basketball shorts and a white t-shirt and red-and-purple striped socks that reach up my thighs with white Nike sneakers. Cade is still asleep. I walk three doors down to Everett's room. Knock-knock. The door opens and it's his roommate, Tyler Nicholls. He's your typical skater boy,but he's really smart.  "Do you know where Everett is?" "He went to the lounge for breakfast and then he said he's going out to town." "See ya later, skater boy.", I say running to the lounge downstairs while singing Sk8er Boi by Avril Lavigne. I immediately see him, run up to him, and hug him from behind. "Woah! You almost made me spill my protein shake." "Did you carry me to my bed last night?" "Yes, I did. I couldn't let Tyler come home to a random boy asleep on his roommate. But it was very adorable that you slept on me." "Can I have a sip of that protein shake?" "Sure, but you're probably not going to like it." I drink a little and it tastes really good. "Mmm!" "You like it?" "Yea. It tastes like a chocolate milkshake. Why do you drink these?" "Coach Farber makes us drink them to keep us ready for practice." "Buy me some." "Maybe. If you come to town with me today." "I'll go. Only if Naya comes." "Deal. Meet me at my car in the parking lot. You'll see me leaning against it." "Okay. Let me get Naya." I hug him goodbye and run to Naya's room in the girl's dormitories. "Naya, are you coming with Everett and I to town?" "Yea, just one sec." She walks out in a floral crop top and white booty shorts with floral Vans. "Damn! You look good." "Thank you. Thank you. I try my best.", she replies with a hair flip. She grabs her white purse and we head out to the parking lot. "You look like shit, you know that, right?" "Yea. But at least I have money.", I flash her my 1000 dollars. "Rich bitch!" We reach Everett's car and he's leaning against it like the cocky boy that an insecure girl in a rom-com would fall for. "Hey guys! Are you ready for our day on the town?" "Sure.", I say nervously ,getting into the backseat, while Naya sits in the passenger. "Where are we even going?" "We're going to the area of civilization in the town we are in." "Which is?" "Creed Bay, Washington." "Wow." "Let's turn on the radio.", Naya says. She turns on the radio and some type of rapper starts playing. I internally vomit. But, then, Everett starts rapping verse-after-verse and Naya sings the chorus. They work together in perfect harmony. I don't know how they couldn't be best friends or more. I just sit in awe as they complete the song. How am I not attracted to both of them. "That was so good.", I manage to say. Everett and Naya look at each other and look at me. "What?" "Maybe you can sing for us.", Naya says. "Maybe he could be better than us.", Everett states. "Uhh. Okay. Fine. But I choose the song." We flip through the stations and I tell them to stop at the station playing Demi Lovato. I get ready and try to sing "Really Don't Care". When Cher Lloyd's part came, Naya sang it. Everett joins in at the final chorus. The song ends and they look at me with ecstatic expressions. "You sing really good!", Everett says. "We all do.", I say.

We reach the town and it looks ancient. Everett parks the car on the main street of the town. "Oh, look! A bookstore!", I exclaim, getting out of the car and running inside the store with Everett and Naya behind me. I file through the books and find a dusty, old one with Latin written on the front. It must be a Latin spell book. I grab it and I grab a book about mythical creatures. I bring them to the counter and check them out. "Why'd you get a book on mythical creatures and a spellbook?", Naya asks nervously. She must be hiding something. Everett looks nervous, too. Whatever! "I like fantasy and this is real stuff. I could find stuff like this across the globe, so these books are gonna prep me." "That's stupid.", Everett says. "You're stupid.", I tell him, running off to the Starbucks across the street. I can't believe this elderly town even has a Starbucks! "Guys, we should give different names when we order our beverages!", I excitedly say. I go up and say," Hi, can I have a S'mores frappucino and a double chocolate chunk brownie. My name is Ke$ha, the "s" is a dollar sign." Naya goes up and orders a Very Berry Hibiscus refresher with a blueberry scone and says that her name is Beyoncé. Everett goes up and orders an iced coffee with banana nut bread and says his name is Lady Gaga. We all get our food, sit at the table, and laugh. "Why'd you get the boring stuff, Ev?", Naya asks. "Yea, why?", I say, taking a sip from my frappucino. "I can't eat fattening stuff because of football. It's unhealthy!" "Well, I'm gonna make you wish you had this brownie.", I brag, taking a bite from it. "Give me a bite!", he pleads. I shove a piece of the brownie in his mouth. "Get a room, you guys!"

We enter the clothing store called Unique. I grab a bunch of clothes and Everett and run to the changing room. He leans against the wall of the dressing stall while I start getting changed. "Close your eyes!", I yell at him. "Okay, officer. You should hand cuff me first." I take off my shirt and pants, change into the jeans I want, and I almost put on my shirt. Until Everett comes up behind me, hugs me, and starts kissing my neck. "What're you doing?" "I've been waiting to get alone with you all day." He towers over me, him being 6'2" and I being 5'6". I don't know what to do, so I shrug him off. "We can't hook up in a freaking dressing room! Are you insane?" "I'm insanely smart and hot." "Not here, not now." Naya walks in and knocks on the stall. "Are you guys done fucking yet? I bought my clothes. Hurry!" I change out of the clothes I want, not caring if Everett is looking at me, and go to the register. I buy my clothes and follow Everett and Naya to the car. We drive back to school in an awkward silence. When I get out of the car and head to the school, I stop in front of the car. And you know what I see? Everett and Naya making out. What the fuck? Both of them are sly bitches. I run to my room and sit on my bed with the stuff I bought. Cade is romancing a girl, I hear it. This school is going to be such a confusing place. I start reading the book on mythical creatures. It's more of a realistic and modern approach. I go up to the part about finding out which one of your friends is a mythical creature. None of my friends could be one, right?

Pg 90

List of Mythical Creatures that your friends could be:

Angels, Demons, Werewolves, Vampires, Witches, and the most dangerous, Oracles

How to Tell:

Keeping secrets, being afraid of weird things, random cold sweats, blanking out a lot, hides their personal items.

If these things become serious, confront your friend about them. They could open up to you, or they could kill you. Be aware of the dangers of knowing these species are alive in your society and friend group. You have been warned.

This book probably isn't true. I just read these to put fun in my life. What if they are true? I put the book under my bed. I hope nobody tries to kill me, if they are a mythical creature.
AUTHORS NOTE: the picture is the representation of Everett Everson.