Hood Games

Nicki climbed out of her Porsche, glaring at the main doors of her highschool. She rolled her eyes and slammed the door, annoyed that she made the decision to come to school today.

"Why cant this shit just burn to the ground already?" Nicki whispered to herself walking towards the entrance. Nastasia joined her from the passenger side, taking a mirror our her bag to look at herself.

"I'm telling you Nessy, the boys here are trippin", Nastasia muttered while applying lip gloss. Nicki sighed knowing that her friends comment about her date last night was true.

Nicki went on a date after school with this boy named Racks, a member of the basketball team. As a senior, she hoped Racks would be mature for his age- but was disappointed to find that he didn't live up to her expectations. The date started pretty well, Racks had cooked dinner for her at his house and even went as far to decorate the terrace so they can eat their meals while surrounded by flowers. After eating, they retired to the living room to watch a few movies. However, Racks thought that it was a Netflix-and-Chill type of situation, pretty much ruining any hope they had of another date as he began to remove his clothes minutes into settling on the couch.

Nicki raked her nails through her long black hair. Shuttering at the thought of seeing him at school today, she began to rub her temples with her fingers.

Nastasia blew a kiss at herself through her compact mirror before snapping it shut. Sensing Nicki's stress, Nastasia looped their arms together before lowering her voice enough to say, "Listen, as far as I'm concerned your date with Racks doesn't count! He couldn't treat you better, so now we're just going to do better and write him out of history. We both know that all the guys here, only want a piece of ass."

Nicki knew deep down that Stasi was right. The boys at their school were just that, boys. Sure, their school had a few guys who were mature enough to pass for men but they were either in committed relationships, part of a gang, or involved with drugs. Nicki knew that like herself, most if not all the people in her highschool were involved in some type of activity that they otherwise shouldn't be.

"Our school is known as Gang High for a reason girl, it's best not to get too involved with anyone here", Nastasia finished her statement by releasing Nicki's arm. Nicki quickly glanced at Stasi, watching as she smiled to the group of girls waving at them from across the parking lot. Since they were younger, Nicki and and Nastasia had been inseperable. Having their dad's to thank for their close relationship, the girls always managed to end up in the same schools, the same classes, and even the same activities.

They were similar in many respects, having both grown up with king pins for fathers,  both girls were often given certain opportunities that most girls their age were not because they often had to cope with sudden, and unfortunate outcomes of their family's business. With the house, cars, clothes, and money, Nicki and Stasi had to cope with something else: people claiming to care about them in order to reap the benefits of their friendship.

Whenever Nicki looked around she saw adoring fans- people who liked her but not because they really knew her. Whenever Stasia looked around she saw saw nothing but reasons to keep up appearances so they could stay at the top of the food chain, a difficult ladder to climb in a highschool where everyone knew everything with the intent of exploiting others for their own good.

Looking at Stasi, Nicki couldn't help but feel greatful to have her as a friend. Besides her dad, and his business partner she was the only ofriend Nicki had.

Nicki reached over to give Stasia's hand a squeeze, "Thanks love" she whispered. Stasia flashed her a smile, returning Nicki's squeeze.

"You know I gotchu, you're like my little sis! Now from one bad bitch to another, why did you ever give Racks a chance in the first place? He may play basketball but that is not enough to make it on our roster" Stasia laughed while poking Nicki in the side trying to get the details out of her. Squirming away from Stasi's efforts to tickle her, Nicki couldn't contain her laughter and pulled Stasi close to evade the attention of onlookers.