Chapter 5

"Do I even want to know hw you managed to get them?"
"Nope." She looked thoughtful for a moment then said, "well, not unless you want a migraine." Just the sound of that made my head start throbbing. There's one thing I need to make sure of though...
"Tell me this much; is it legal?"
"Shhh! It's back on." I rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see it since she turned back to the TV.
"You will be the death of me and my sanity Callie." I barely finished what I was saying before she lightly punched me in the arm and shot me a glare intense enough to scorch. I held my hands up in defeat.
I got up and went to the closet to take out the cage answer it on our old wooden side table on the left of he couch where I was sitting. I looked in the cage and noticed a seventh pair of eyes that were looking at me. The monkey was so tiny! After a moment my shock subsided and I realized it was a baby. That explains the smallness. I opened the cage and gently took it out. The other six looked at me with mild interest as I closed the cage again. The monkey immediately climbed up my arm and curled on my shoulder against my neck. Just as I was about to turn and show Callie I felt a pillow hit my lap and she layed down almost on her stomach. I couldn't help but smile. I rubbed her back gently with my right hand and she was fast asleep within a few minutes. I continued rubbing circles for awhile before I leaned over and put a light kiss on her smooth, naturally rosy cheek then I settled back to take a nap also. Between the warmth and steady breathing of the monkey and Callies breathing matching my own I fell asleep. They were my lullaby.

***Authors Note***
Hey! Thanks for all of your patience and support! It truly means a lot to me. I noticed that I've kept them at home the entire time. My next update I will have one, if not both, of them go out and interact. First I have to figure out where they'll go and what they'll do. Check back by Sunday and hopefully I'll have Chapter 6 posted! (: