Chapter 3

Turns out, it was impossible. I gave up after two hours of endless searching in the house.

        I woke up early the next morning and I was starving, so I decided to make breakfast for Callie and me. We both loved waffles so I decided that would be perfect. I even made bacon (in hopes she'll tell me the surprise. Probably won't, but it's worth a shot.) Before the bacon was even done she padded into the kitchen in her bare feet rubbing sleep out of her eyes woken up by the smell of bacon. She paused in the doorway and looked for the source of the smell. When her eyes landed on the just done bacon she gave me a sleepy  smile.

"You made bacon," she cocked her head to the side as she caught another scent, "and waffles." That made her give me a wide, silly grin. She suddenly had a mischievious look on her face.

"Callie," I began with a light warning tone in my voice, "what are you plan-" Before I could finish she ran and tackled me, causing both of us to fall back against the counter. I looked at her, incredulously, then erupted in laughter. She didn't miss a beat as she joined me in laughing. I'm not sure how long we were laughing but by the time we were finished we were on the ground with tears in our eyes.