Complications

I watched Marvel walk away, wondering if I should go after him. Why should I? He shouldn't love me. He loves Clara, not me. I slumped back into bed and thought about what just happened. Marvel kissed me. And I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I mean obviously, I shouldn't, but... I don't know. I can't think about relationships when I am near death.

I laid back in the bed and closed my eyes. And waited... and waited... but sleep never came. I was terrified of the nightmares to come if I did. I laid in bed for hours when someone came through the door. I pretended I was sleeping, but I opened my eyes, so I could just barely see who it was. It was an Avox girl that set something on my bed and walked out the door.

I got out of bed and saw that it was my outfit to wear to the training center. It was only 3:00, but I decided to take a shower anyway. I turned the shower on and hit a couple random buttons to see what would happen this time. That probably was a bad idea because half way through the shower, pink gunk was dumped on me and started burning my skin, so I started pressing more random buttons to make the pink stuff go away. When I got out of the shower I ended up smelling like roses and my skin was sparkling. Literally, there was glitter all over my body and hair.

I ended up going to Felicity to help me get the glitter off. She took me back into the bathroom and pressed a button. All of a sudden, there was wind and fog coming from every direction, and I couldn't see a thing, but after about ten seconds, it stopped. When I looked in the mirror, I was back to myself, except my skin was super smooth and shiny. Felicity went back to her room and grumbled something unintelligible on the way out the door. She was probably annoyed that I woke her up at like 3:30 in the morning.

I hit the button that made my hair super silky and shiny, and after that was done, I put my training suit on. I walked out the door and realized I was the only one up except for the Avoxes. I was really hungry, so I grabbed a plate and started filling it with some snacks that were laid out for us. I ended up just eating a muffin and an orange. After about 2 hours of waiting, everyone was up and eating breakfast. I wasn't really hungry, but I ate some scrambled eggs anyway. Marvel seemed to act like nothing ever happened last night. I tried to start conversation with him, but it was obvious he didn't want to talk, so I just kept quiet.

After breakfast, we all went back to our rooms. Training didn't start until ten, and it wasn't even eight yet. I brushed my teeth and even organized everything in the room, but that didn't pass much time. I really wanted to talk to Marvel, but I didn't know what to say. I decided to just go talk to him anyway. It had to happen sooner or later. I walked through the door, not bothering to knock.

"Hey, is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, everything's great. It's not like I could die in the matter of weeks or anything," he said. He wasn't even looking at me. Just staring at the window, like he could see something that I couldn't.

"Look, about yesterday-"

"Don't worry about it. Just forget it, okay?" he interrupted.

"It's kind of hard to. I'm not mad at you," I said.

"..... Why not? You have every right to be mad at me," he said. I walked in front of him to block his view of the window.

"What are you looking at!?" I asked.

"I don't know. Look, can we just talk another time or something? I'm-"

"No! We are going to talk now. Yesterday, you were going to say something. And I know that you didn't want to say it. That's why you walked out the door. So here's the time to tell me anything that you've been hiding," I said. He stayed silent. "Please... just say something."

"I've been dating Clara for 8 months now. I could've sworn she was the one. But... six years ago I saw this girl one day at school. I thought she was an angel at first. I couldn't even describe her beauty, but I knew that I loved her. Time moved on, and I didn't see her. Then I met Clara... and she was so sweet. We started to date, but then I saw the girl again and I found out her name. It was Glimmer," he said.

I stared at him in disbelief. Marvel... loved me. I didn't know what to say. I was in shock. I just stared at him with my eyes wide open.

"Please... say something," he said. Instead, I hugged him. I hugged him for what felt like forever and then kissed his cheek.

"Marvel... I love you. As a brother. Nothing more," I said softly.

"I figured. Nobody as beautiful as you would like someone like me," he said.

"No, don't say that," I said.

"It's true. We better go soon. I imagine Cordelia wants us to be an hour early," he said. I laughed and locked my fingers through his. We walked hand in hand to the elevator. I really did wish he was my brother but nothing more.