Chapter 1

I sit up, breathing heavily, sweat dripping down my temple, and a throbbing pain going back and forth from my left temple to my right, and a slicing feeling running up and down my chest and stomach. I breathe in slowly, trying to calm myself, but it doesn't help, the room I'm in is giving off a horrid smell of mixed chemicals and blood. I look around. The room is white with cabinets and counters lining the walls, I am sitting on top of a metal table, with a tray full of different knifes and razors. I am in a laboratory.

I hear voices and footsteps coming towards me, but they seem very far away, they echo in my head, I can hear bits of the conversation,

"so what are we dealing with here?" a scratchy mans voice grunts,

"I have no clue what she is, or where they found her, all I know is that she has been here for a year or so, and that all the trials have failed," another man says,

Are they talking about me? I quickly lay down the way I was before I woke up, the confusion only causing my head to throb even more. I expected them to come in the room at that moment, they had sounded so close, but they didn't come in until 5 minutes and 35 seconds after I had heard them.

  Questions began buzzing in my head, how had they sounded so close but be so far away? And how did I know the exact minute-to-second time it had been since I heard them? What experiments had been done on me, or someone else they were talking about for that matter? Why was I in a laboratory? More questions came to mind, but were quickly interrupted when the two men I heard earlier burst through the metal doors.

"All right, so here's what we do," said the more gruff and tough man of the two,

"we take this, and put it in her neck, then we take this, and see what reaction we get, got it?"
"got it" said the other,

I felt a cold gloved hand go under my neck, and pinch some skin, and then a needle go into my skin. I sat up and clawed at his chest, I had two inch claws growing out of my nails, and pushed the man into a desk behind him. I sat up, and slid off the table,

"What did you do to me?!" I growled,

"Well it seems," he said clenching his side which was now staining his shirt with blood from the cuts I left in him,

"that we, have created an even stronger monster than you were before," he chuckled.

Then all of the sudden my vision blurred, and then came back into focus, but when it did, everything was blue. I saw temperature waves radiating off of certain things, and I could smell and hear every single thing within a mile radius. Doors closing, pens scratching on paper, small bits of conversation, and more. My senses had somehow heightened. I screamed and lunged for the man, suddenly I had the urge to sink my teeth into his throat, and feel his warm blood in my claws, before I could reach him someone behind me grabbed both my arms behind my back, I had forgotten the second man. With my senses going crazy, I forgot to focus on what was in the room with me.

Somehow with great strength he wrestled me to the floor, and jammed a syringe into my arm. The last thing I remembered was a wolf's howl, sad and desperate, yet strong, ring through the building.