1

I awoke to two butlers, _ and _ waiting on me. _ was an old man with a fringe of grey-white hair and _ was an old lady with a frail appearance and gentle expression. "Good morning! How was your sleep? You look very good today. As usual, we are at your service, Ma'am. How would you like your Pasta e fagioli served?"

"Well, I guess you can just have it sent up her something...just a moment." I responded and arose from my bed. I wended my way to the bedroom mirror, which was ten meters away from my bed. I surveyed myself from head to toe. I often hear people say that I was quite charming and I'd like to agree with that. I had an upright posture, which was not easy to maintain these days, especially with everyone glued to their screens daily. My deep, ocean blue eyes was very enchanting. My hair, was the most appealing of all. Curly...cinnamon...My hair caught the morning light and shone in a way that was more shiny than a shining star.

After examining myself wholly, I snapped my fingers and gestured for the butlers to come. "Oh, yes." _ noticed and walked over swiftly.
"Yes, Ma'am?"
"How do you think I look? It's Mama's 30th birthday today. I have to look good. So, what do you think?"
"I think you look stunning, extremely...flawless. If you would like, maybe I can arrange for the hair stylist to come in, the facial lady, the fashion stylist, and also maybe the–"
"Forget it. I shouldn't have asked. You may all go. Don't bother me until lunchtime! As for the pasta e fagioli, just send it up here. Isn't that what technology is for? For convenience sake?"

As soon as the words spilled out, the two elderly frightened butlers took a bow and scurried away quickly in an attempt not to blow up the erupting volcano.

(hours later)
"Ma'am! Ma'am! Please hurry down, now! Your mother...your mother...she..." The words trailed off.

At that moment, I felt like my worst fears had just been confirmed.