8

"Alright, alright. I'm getting out. You need to put on more smiles, Nick." With that, Nicholas left. He felt strangely familiar... I had a strong feeling that we were once very close. That memory, however, is blurry.

Now, what do I do? I have been really lost without Mother. Mother has always been my pillar of strength. A mountain to protect me. A mother for me. Now, she's gone. Maybe, I can go outside and ask for answers from Nicholas. He seems friendly...

The door creaked when I pushed it open, but not loud enough for anyone else to hear. I tiptoed down the hallway, not knowing where to go, yet.

"Look who's out of the box. Grumpy face," a voice chuckled, "Hey Nick!" "Yes?" I tried to sound as friendly as possible. "They told me to call you to the study room, once you're out." He cleared his throat a little. I gave a slight nod to Nicholas and shuffled to the opposite room. What now? More nagging?

"Hello? Anyone there? I heard that you were looking for me..." My voice trailed off. There were at least about 20 people in the room. Some were muscular, some were puny. Some were towering and some were tiny. Nevertheless, they had one thing in common–that tattoo which one would never forget the looks of it.

It was time. I had enough. I had to reveal my thoughts and feelings or I think I might go psychic. I cleared my throat to indicate the beginning of an important speech. "Well, here's the thing. I know I have been rude and demanding," Nicholas walked in. "...but I have a lot of questions that I need to know. I have been so stressed recently...please?"

Quickly but not obvious, they shot each other unassertive looks. I knew I was anxious. It's that stage when tension starts to built up in you. What were they gonna say? Is it the truth? Eventually, Nicholas' father stepped forward. "Sit down. It's gonna be a long explanation."

"You see, your mother was also part of our gang. The only difference is that, well, she spoke about a prophecy. I know, I know, prophecies are only in fairy tales and old times. However, she spoke only the truth. Every word that escaped her mouth came true. In the correct sequence. She was a fantastic woman, but now, she's gone..."
"So?" I was growing impatient.
"So, my point is, we came because of her last words to us. We had contacted her just before she passed on."
"What...what were her last words?"
"You must look for the King of Life. When you do, he will give you guidance, not instructions, but guidance."
"Why do I need guidance?"
"It is said that you will overthrow The Seniors."