Who is Seventeen?

-I DID NOT COPY FROM WIKI TYVM-

Seventeen is a 13-membered South Korean boyband that was formed under the agency Pledis Entertainment, which is the same agency for other groups and soloists like After School, NU'EST, Hello Venus and Son Dambi.

There were originally ten Pledis boys: Five of them being members of present group NU'EST and the other five consisted of Seungcheol, Doyoon, Jihoon, Yoosang and Youngwon. When NU'EST debuted the other 5 appeared in their debut M/V 'Face'. They were supposed to debut in a group called 'TEMPEST' but the idea was cancelled when SEVENTEEN was announced. They moved on to SEVENTEEN, but at that time Yoosang and Youngwon had already left the agency. That was in 2011.

The other trainees started coming in later 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Junhui, Mingyu, Wonwoo, Soonyoung, Mingming, Chan, Seokmin, Seunggwan, Vernon and Samuel came in in 2011/2012. Dongjin, Jisoo and Jeonghan came in in 2013. Minghao, the last and final member to arrive in SEVENTEEN, came in in 2014. Their ages (in 2013, universal age) ranged from youngest Samuel 11 to oldest Seungcheol 18.

When the first 10 new trainees came in in 2012, during SEVENTEEN TV Season 1, Pledis played naughty *evil laughter* and decided not to reveal their names, instead giving them nicknames on what they wore or what they were (idk how to explain meh) Examples: Seunggwan was called Mr. Mic because he dreamt of being an MC or a DJ. Samuel was called Mr. Teeny's Daddy because he was the owner of a dog called Teeny (who sometimes ran all around the practise studio). Wonwoo was Mr. Beanie because he always wore a beanie.They then released their real names through the profiles that Pledis made them write at the start of 2013.

Throughout their trainee period they did many activities such as SEVENTEEN TV, Like SEVENTEEN SHOW, a mini concert, broadcasts, photoshoots and even a Chinese interview from YinYueTai! There were 5 seasons for SEVENTEEN TV, each episode lasted from 2~4 hours and the number of episodes ranged from 8~15. They had a Like SEVENTEEN SHOW at the end of it, showcasing their dance, rap and vocal talents they had been practising throughout SEVENTEEN TV. Individual members also participated in various activities. Dancing as backup dancers for label mate groups, making appearances in label mate groups' stages, making cameos in dramas... they've done almost everything. Because of this, all of them gained stage and face-being-right-in-front-of-a-camera experience. (That's why they looked so damn fine in Adore U hehehehe)

There were many rumours about their debut days, in 2013 there was one rumour, 31st April 2013, a day that didn't even exist. Many fans fell for it (haha) and were deeply disappointed (and probably felt stupid for believing it ㅋㅋI'm sorry).

However, in late 2013 and 2014, 4 members Doyoon, Mingming, Dongjin and Samuel left the company. The reason is unknown: If they left the company on their own or they failed several tests that were given to them. Samuel was the first to leave in 2013, last was Dongjin in second half of 2014. Doyoon is now an actor and has made an appearance in 'Happy! Rose Day' when he was still a trainee. Mingming has gone back to his hometown China, and is currently a trainee at FNC Entertainment's FNC GTC. Dongjin's whereabouts are still unknown, we think that he has given up the celebrity life and has gone back to living as per normal. Samuel trained in Brave Entertainment after leaving and debuted in a duo called '1PUNCH' with other member Jung Jaewon on the 22nd of January 2015 with the song '돌려놔 (Turn Me Back)'.

Meanwhile in SEVENTEEN, the final line up of 13 members were confirmed when they received their group rings on the 5th of January 2015. From then onwards, they started making their stage names. Soonyoung and Seungcheol were the first ones, calling themselves Hoshi and S.Coups respectively (reason will be revealed later in profile). They got closer to the fans through a live broadcast program hosted by Hoshi and Seunggwan called Andromeda, which is still running now. It started on the 20th of February 2015, and it would feature a few members, sometimes all, in the 1 hour+- episode. The viewers would ask questions or comment about what the boys would do, playing games or just goofing around like the hyper kids that they really are.

They did their first reality show called 'SEVENTEEN Debut Big Plan (세븐틴 데뷔 대작전)' in which first episode aired on May 2nd. SEVENTEEN would go through series of tests that would bring them closer and closer to their debut. In the first episode, they were given a series of dances that they performed in SEVENTEEN TV to dance for their CEO (poor Myungho he looked so lost awww). But they failed and the CEO was really angry and took away their rings :o. Their final mission was to gather 1000 audiences for their concert and they would get a 1 hour live broadcast for their debut, a first for all kpop idols :o. Did they pass? DUN DUN DUN SUSPENSE jk if they didn't pass adore u wouldnt have existed Yeah so they passed and got their rings back by their parents wooooo~ And they performed they crying version of 'Shining Diamond' in front of them but poor Seunggwan during his part all you could hear was sobs. He must've really missed his momma.

And so, they did their shoecase as promised and they officially debuted as SEVENTEEN on the 26th of May 2015!!!! YAAAAAAY :D

seungcheol mustve felt like a proud daddy at that time hahah juz saying