Chapter One

Hi, I'm Jacquelyn. The story I'm about to tell you is one of danger. Beware of what he wants.  (Flashback) I was sitting in my room listening to my music when I blacked out. The next thing I know, I'm in a clearing. I look around. I see nothing but trees. In the center,  there was a rock. I walk over and touch it and feel an excruciating pain. I scream. When it subsides, I see a bandaged figure. "Hello, Jacquelyn. You have gained supernatural abilities. Let me assist you with them."

   "What are you? I'm normal, I swear. What do you want from me? Why me?!" I ask frantically while it gets closer to me.

    " Oh, I just want to make a deal with you. You seem scared. You shouldn't be but the pain, I need it. I'm getting weak. so how about that deal?" it tells me.

    "Will it benefit me? I'll do it if it does." I say back.

    It looks at me. "Of course. Just know that for others it won't be," it replies.

   "Ok, I'll do it.  First, tell me, what am I?" I ask, eager to find out.

"Patience is a virtue, tiger. I must observe you after they start developing, which reminds me, I need a host," it tells me. " I have to go. I'll be around."

"Ok. But before you go, can you send me back home? I would like to research some stuff please," I ask, just as it leaves.

"Of course. Just touch the nemeton again. That's where your research should start. Till next time," it says as it walks away, into the shadows. I walk over to the rock and touch it again. Suddenly I'm back in my room like nothing happened. I pull out my laptop and start by researching 'nemeton'. According to the Internet, it was a sacred shrine dedicated to the ancient pagan goddess Nemetona.

"It also provides as a supernatural beacon. Supernatural creatures follow the pull to it. Weird," I say aloud. I put my laptop away as it was 1 in the morning.  I could find out what the thing that started talking to me is. I crawl into bed. Just before I drift into my dreamstate, my phone buzzes. I get out of bed and go get it. It was my best friend texting me. The message on the tiny bright screen read. 'I have started to hear voices. There is one that is more prominent than the others. It's scratchy. He's asking me riddles. Help me in the morning.' I realize that the voice she was hearing was the thing that I made the deal with earlier today. I freak out and look up 'Bandaged Supernatural Creature.' I found out what the creature was. A nogitsune. It's an ancient Japanese spirit that feeds off of chaos, strife and pain. Suddenly, it all makes sense now. I had made a deal with a powerful force that would kill me and everything I love if I didn't do it's bidding. I had been tricked by a trickster spirit.(Flashback over)

Present Day

  I wake up and put on my My Chemical Romance shirt and a pair of jeans. I walk over to my desk and pull up Skype. I call my best friend Celyn. She answers, with a cup of coffee in her hand. "Hi, J. I look horrible, don't I? He's getting worse. He keeps telling me to let him in. But I'm not going to." She tells me as the caffeine starts to kick in.

  "Well, coffee will be your poison until we figure out how to get rid of him and this stupid mark that he gave me. What was your dream last night, C?" I ask.

  " It was much different from the others. He told me his backstory. I can't recall it though. When it comes to me, I'll tell you. It was terrifying , that's for sure. Oh, would you like to tell me about your visions. I know that you've had some," She answered.

  "Yeah. They've been pretty gory lately. A lot of people died in it. We were playing Capture the Flag and we had half of the forest. We were on the same team. We came across a clearing. Of course, it's the same clearing that I made the deal in. So that's where we put the flag. You were a guard and the I come back to the clearing to check on you and there were bodies everywhere. Let's just say, I freaked out," I reply.

  "Oh that's nice. Wait, what's that? Ok, look up Oldeknowe Asylum. Oh god that's the nuthouse. J, get your butt over here. I'm dead serious," Celyn hangs up. I grab my laptop and my phone and tell my mother that I was going over to Celyn's. I hop into my Honda Civic and drive over to her place. I pull up and turn off my car and let myself in. I say hello to Celyn's mom and head up the stairs to C's room.

"Thank god, you are finally here. I saw a truck with Oldeknowe Asylum on the side stop in front of our house. I think that they are coming for me. My mom said to tell you to pack your stuff and come over here. I think we are going to the asylum. I think our parents planned it. What am I going to do without coffee? I'm terrified, can't you tell?" she rambled at high speed.

  "I overheard them talking about it earlier. I packed my stuff just in case. I knew that he would put us in that place. It's the only place that we are most vulnerable. Guess what's close to Oldeknowe? The forest. He has us in his palm like puppets. I'm actually terrified. I'm prepared for this," I tell her. That's when we get injected with Haldol.

{Author's Note}- Hi guys! I know it's been a while since I've been on. None of the other stories I was writing I kept up with, I decided on a new one! It's a little terrifying. So I'm going to try to update almost everyday. But school starts in a month so it might be cut down to weekends! Im excited to see who reads this book. It's really good so far I think. Please let me know in the comments how it is! Bye!- TrisandTobias1215