Chapter 4

I sit in Celyn and I's room. We had just witnessed the sacrifice of the normal. The majority of us have amnesia or some other thing that made them end up here. There is a handful of us who are here because of homicidal tendencies. I would have never guessed that Dr. Williams was a patient. She had that doctor aura. The majority of the doctors leave after a day of working with us patients. We overwhelm them with the tendencies we have. Dr. Williams came during the five years that I was here for the first time.  She seemed at peace here. I was constantly in a straitjacket because I had brought guns, knives, and many other weapons into the asylum without getting detected. I was tormented. I slipped into a coma for the majority of the time. They kept me heavily sedated. I was after all the most dangerous patient. I had caused riots in the cafeteria. When Dr. Williams first came, she helped me through it all. She told me how to stop it. I didn't escape. I was let go. Apparently, they had disappeared for three years. He awoke them. I am a ruthless killing machine. No one trusts me when I'm around them now. It has reawaken and this time it will not be suppressed.

I'M HERE TO STAY FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Dr. Williams walks in. "Jacquelyn, I have something to ask of you. I believe you were at the sacrifice last night? I need you to become a Druid Priestess. The nemeton almost has it's full power back. Tonight is a new moon. That's when you are strongest. You are the only one with this ability. You are the most respected, feared, and regarded patient here. You must be protected at all costs. The nemeton chose you. I was there with the nogitsune when you touched it. Not only are you a seer, but a Druid too. I look shocked and take a look at the book in her hand. I take it out of her hand without breaking eye contact.

"I'll do it. The nemeton will be restored," I say to her. She walks away. I sit on my bed and open the old, worn, leather bound book.  I look at the first page and see that is written in all Gaelic. I was going to have a long day. I shut the book and place it under my bed. I get up and walk to the library. I walk in the G section when I see a book with the title of 'Translating the Gaelic Language' I pick it up and ram into a person. "Sorry," I mutter under my breath. I step out of the way and walk back to my room. I pick up the book and the translating book. I grab the notepad that I brought with me for notes. I got to work translating.

TIME SKIP TO DINNER

I finally finished translating the book. It is a whole bunch of spells for the restoring the power.  I grab my food and sit down. I pick up my first spoonful of the brown swampy soup, when Celyn sits down angrily. "What's your problem?" I ask.

"I found the book. You can't be fucking serious. She asked you of all people. I can't believe that you did that. You are so screwed," she yells at me.

"Well I'm sorry. It would help all of us. We would all survive if I finished it. It's the sad truth. We need it," I say calmly. "I've got to go. It's about time for the preparation. I'll see you there at the sacrifice." I just made my schizophrenic friend pissed at me. Yay! I'm going to be ready for her. I have a knife under my pillow. I see Dr. Williams beckon for me to go to her office. It is final now. We are going to be so strong. I walk into her office and sit there while she gets the costume that I will wear out of her cabinet. It's a silk dress. Not my style, but it's one night. I will survive.

"Are you prepared for the ceremony? You have to read the Gaelic spell," she asks me.

"I am prepared for anything. I understand the language now. I will see you at midnight. Goodbye, Dr. Williams," I say to her as I walk out of the office. I go back to my room and get dressed. It fit perfectly. I grab the book and let my hair down. I head to the forest to sit on the nemeton for the remaining hours. I feel at peace with myself here.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 5