Chp Seven

"Honeysuckle powder," I read from the note to the stone eagle. It starts to move and I step on the steps waiting until I get to the top. I find myself in a peculiar room that contains many sections of antiques and artifacts. "Professor Dumbledore?" 

I look through a glass vase and see a desk. A throne like chair sits behind it. From the balcony above the desk the old man answers, "Ms. Evans, I am glad you could visit." He walks down the stairs and sits behind his desk. I sit across from him and cross my legs. "I like your decorations," I comment.

He picks up a glass elephant, responding, "They are rather alluring. But I am sure you didn't come to talk about decorations." I nod solemnly and break eye contact. "I came to talk about James Potter-" 

"Ah, yes," He interrupts, "Mr. Potter has suffered a great deal this year." I nod, "Yes, and that is why I think that if maybe you helped.." 

He readjusts his glasses and states, "I don't think I am the right person to help him." He continues, "Lily, In these dark times emptiness can tip anyone over the edge." With this dismissal I stand up and start to walk away. "You care a lot about that boy, don't you?" He asks. 

I turn around and shrug, "I am just helping a friend in need." 

. . . 

"Hey! Lil's!" I turn around and Marlene is jogging towards me, away from Frank and Alice. I haven't talked to her in ages. "Where have you been! I only see you in the dorm these days." I shrink away, "I'm headgirl this year, you know that. I am busy." She seems hurt, "You could spare some time for your friends and I saw you with James the other day, that seemed like free time." She waits for me to respond but I don't. She says, "What's with him anyway? He seems like a total arse these days."

I don't know why my response is so aggressive but it is, " Don't talk about things you don't know about." She flips her hair, my anger reflecting in her eyes, "Maybe I would know about it if you didn't ignore me." 

I shake my head and walk away, "i don't need this right now." I need James.