Chapter Eight | She's Back

Rachel

  Quinn got to come back early because her mother threatened to sue. I'm scared to death. Hopefully she learned her lesson, but who am I kidding? I walked to hallway by myself, insecure. Usually Finn would walk me down the hallway, even if we weren't together. He'd walk me down and protect me from the dangers of the high school life. But, not anymore. I sighed as Puck came up to me.

  "Need an escort?" he asked smiling.

  "Sure." I said. He linked his arm with mine and we walked to class together, making small talk.

  "It was pretty cool when you were a badass and stood up to Quinn like that." he complemented me. I smiled and then frowned.

  "Yeah, it was an adrenaline rush I guess. But I was tired of feeling worthless because of her." I told him.

"You would never be worthless." he told me smiling. I looked down blushing and nodded. "Well, you're here." he said stopping by the algebra II room.

"Puck, you're in this class too." I laughed.

"I was never here." he smiled. I smiled back and started walking back into the room when he stopped me. "You can call me Noah." he smiled. I smiled back.

"Okay, Noah, thanks for walking me to class. Usually Finn would but he hates me right now so... thanks." I said cutting it short. He smiled at himself and nodded.

"I think you need someone to let out everything your hiding on the inside." he said. I nodded my head and he continued. "I can be that someone." he smiled. I smiled back but the bell rang. "I'll get your number in glee!" he screamed before running away.